I think the weather works differently from the way I thought... It appears that if something is a weather zone, that is the same for the whole map with that zone, as opposed to being more generic and randomized over various areas. Is that correct? That means I will have to change my system some and divide up some of the weather areas more. I have one desert terrain which means the whole world's deserts have the same weather all the time this way!

What I did with PZAA is other than create the known extreme weather zones, is to make a bunch of different generic types.

Like "Stormy Winter", "Temperate Winter", "Calm Winter". Make them with different degrees of characteristics and then sprinkle them around the map loosely grouped to the actual features of the global zones.

This allows for different varying weather, almost like storms in a sea of calm or vice versa, very hard to predict.

After all isn't that what weather is?