HELP! Selecting units inside a vehicle...

mazex

OK - I has been a while since I played CMSF waiting for the Marines - just got my download finished and it looks really promising!

There is just one thing that I have forgotten - and scanning the manual I can not find it (it probably is there somewhere).

How the hell do you select units INSIDE a vehicle? I want to aquire stuff BEFORE unloading. As it is now I have to unload the troops inside my Stryker to "get hold" of the unit inside and then embark again to get that friggin Javelin - while under fire...

Am I blind or is it so obvious that I do not see it?

/Mazex

There should be an infantry icon by the vehicle icon that you can select. Then you can go to acquire etc to get javs.

Thank's for your reply - but I guess it's me being stupid instead of blind ;) Which icon do you mean? The only difference in a "loaded" stryker from an empty one that I can see is the green "position" circles beeing green, and that the option to "dismount" has been enabled...

Look below where I have marked this with red arrows.

Stryker with infantry onboard:

stryker_with_troops_inside.jpg

Stryker with NO infantry onboard:

stryker_without_troops_inside.jpg

Thank's for your reply - but I guess it's me being stupid instead of blind ;) Which icon do you mean? The only difference in a "loaded" stryker from an empty one that I can see is the green "position" circles beeing green, and that the option to "dismount" has been enabled...

Look below where I have marked this with red arrows.

hmm you should have some floating blue unit icons? did you turn the hotkey off?

hmm you should have some floating blue unit icons? did you turn the hotkey off?

Ahh, finally I get it! Yes, I did turn them off long time ago as I think they clutter the map. Thank you very much!

@Steve:

It does bother me though that there is no way in the normal unit information GUI to view/select the passenger unit... It would not be that hard to do some small infantry icon with the text "passenger" or something. I could also show the name of the unit and if you clicked it you selected that unit instead. As it is now, I have to use those floating icons that I think spoil the map view... As a "budget" option, how about this: select the passenger unit if I click the green "passenger circles" (the left red arrow in my image above).

/Mazex