How increase time limit in stock campaign?

I'm playing marines, and I'd like to increase the time limit for all the missions in the new campaign. Any way to do this?

Can't seem to load the campaign through the scenario editor...

It would have been really nice to have at least had the option of continuing a battle after the time limit was reached and the score was given - can't see why a player should be consciously limited in his choices like this and forced to quit a battle that he'd like to see to the end...

EDIT: Otherwise the Marines Module is great, by the way...! :-)

A shame - the time limit pretty much ruins campaign play for me, but I'll still have the single battles to enjoy and there's more than a few of them so I'll live.

I hope, though, that you will make it possible to continue a battle after the time limit expires at some point in the future, or solve this issue in some other way, so we dont have to miss the climax of a battle.

Punish the player in the final score for not keeping to the schedule, but don't ruin his gaming experience by kicking him out of the game. That's just mean... ;-)

Some of the scenarios do have the maximum time limit. Others are shorter but as PT says extending the time to the max for all the scenarios would make many of them way to easy. FWIW I like to have the maximum amount of time myself but I can also see why scenario designers give a time limit. Another issue is the AI plans for the strat AI might not run for two full hours, so the Strat AI would evntually come to a halt. In that respect the human player has the advantage as you could sit tight wait till the AI plan stops then go in and take em out. Hope that makes sense - does in my head :)

Aw come on guys. Giving the player 2 hours plus to complete a mission that has been playtested and found to be doable within 50 minutes is just making it WAY too easy and 100% guarantees a win to the human player. Just enjoy the challenge.

That's why an option to keep playing when the time runs out, be that 15 mins or 2 hours, would be perfect.

You would still be punished as the rest of the battle wouldn't count towards the battle score or progression in the campaign - AND you would get a chance to play a battle to the end just to see how it turned out.

I would love such a feature - and I can't really see who would loose anything if it was added.

If I remember correctly (which I might not), the original Combat Mission games had this feature... although it was added in patch, I think.

I agree completley! Being able to have time limits turned OFF (as a customer option) makes complete sense.

Leave it, as is, for the campagin (I can understand that to a degree).....but why not include many of the campagin missions as stand-alone files.....for which these aspects can be adjusted within the editor.

The original CMBB/CMAK (don't have CMBO) never had the ability to turn of the time limit when in game. You played with what the time scale the designer gave you (lack of time was abeef from playesr in CMX1 as well ;) ) . Only option you to chnage the time limit was to open the game up in the editor and change the turn limits.

You can do this with standalone CMSF scenarios by opening them up in the editor as well to adjust the time limit. HOWEVER - you should mind that the designer might have designed the AI plan only to cover the timescale they have allowed.

Although as already stated you can't adjust the times for individual battles in a campaign once they are all made into a campaign file.

Cheers fur noo

George