Slow computer

ALthered

Hi,

I am playing SC2 PDE and although i have a few gripes ,the game is enjoyable enough. My problem is the amount of time it takes for the computer to take it`s turn. After i have moved my units and press the end turn button it takes (typically ) about 7-8 minutes to resolve. Is this normal ? . Ok, SC is a complex wargame and i understand the maths needed to be calculated between turns is considerable , but surely a modern PC should number crunch through in no time. Is this normal , or is my setup the problem. Please let me know how long it takes for ,say , a major campaign takes the AI to process on your computer.

Best wishes

Allen

• 1 month later...

Remember me whinging about SC2 (PDE) playing slow a few months ago ? .Well, last week my mobo died and i decided to do a small rebuild .Of course ,as usually happens ,i got carried away and spent £400 ( 600$) ! .Anyway ,i now have an Asus P5N-D mobo running an Intel Quad core Q9300 processor with a Geforce 8800GTS. To be honest the differance between 3D games like Crysis and Total war was not as vast as i was

expecting ( i previously had an Athlon 3800+ cpu).However ,the differance it made to SC2 is incredible .Ai turns which took anything up to 8 minutes previously now take less than 2 minutes .These new cpu`s are certainly number crunchers !

Al.