For the WW2 game are we going to get the Realy rare stuff like the Ferdinand ?

Hannibal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this thread isn't exactly about ToW and I admit I'm a bit spoiled because of CM. I also admit that a lot depends on if you like ToW or you don't. As a matter of fact, I do - but I sorely missed some things which made playing not as much fun as it could have. maybe i should try the new JSH mod version...

Back on topic, though: I think we'll get one AA tank for each army. Question is which one? My bet is out for the Möbelwagen for the Germans - ~250 built and we're talking the June/July timeframe which makes the other types (save maybe the FlakPz38) unprobable...

What's your bet, guys? Which vehicles do you think will be inlcuded?

I think the Moebelwagen may be given low priority or left out as it was in CMX1 because of the difficulty in animating it. You have to have the flaps raise and lower it changes from travel mode to firing mode. The Ostwind, though much rarer, is such a simple add on once you've done the Wirbelwind, it gets included.

I'd like tos ee the Möbelwagen for a change since it ALWAYS gets left out because other stuff is looking better - even if that means throwing historical accuracy out of the window. Plus, the Möbelwagen was built in greater numbers than any other Flakpanzer. ;)

And What's the problem with animating? It doesn't make too great a difference if you animate four sidewalls or just one. What you are hinting at is that employment of it will be made much more difficult for the average player because you have to think of the time it needs to be ready to fire. Although I don't see the need to have them driving around the battlefield all the time - they're supposed to shoot at planes, not infantry or vehicles. And, because of the need to lower the sidewalls - and therefore exposing the gun crew, the Möbelwagen would have only been used for support fire in an emergency, in my opinion. Which is the reason why the SdKfz10 shouldn't be used in that role, either.