Weird computer problem

stikkypixie

Hi guys,

I have this weird computer problem where the pc would just restart without any warning. I'm running XP service pack 3 and the thing is already quite old but since it's the old pc that runs CMx1 that I have I like to fix it.

I don't get any error messages and I don't think it's due to overheating because the problem happens when I just start up after a whole night of being shut down.

Any ever encountered this problem before? Any possible clues as to what the cause might be,

Much appreciated,

Minh

I had something like that happen just last week, but that was because I had been fiddling with the Video Card.

Seems I had accidentally hit the sound to CD connector on my sound card and bent it, and when it started up and the sound would hit, REBOOT.

I bent the connector back and it was fixed.

So, what were you doing other than the SP3 upgrade?

If just the SP3 upgrade, and you say your PC is old, go look for some new drivers for your sound card, and all other devices as well.

I have had no issues with SP3 myself.