Text problem again...

Hello,

I have a ATI mobility radeon HD 2600 (catalyst 8.8) with a laptop runing with vista.

I have already installed the radeon mod. It works fine for the CMBB texts ingame but all the text in the editor screens are invisible.

All was working fine with a previous driver but I need this new one to play CMSF.

I try to find an answer on this forum but is there a trick or a particular setting to recover texts?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought an ATI 4670 and installed the latest ATI drivers (8.10) and get the text problem.

I replaced the text with the one suggested by the thread but it now has big blocks of black background against the text. Is there any way to make the background transparent again?

Or is there a way to shut off Anti-aliasing? I went to the Catalyst control menu for my graphics card and the lowest setting for AA is x2. You can let the application decide though so how do you just shut off all AA? Or is there a way now?

post-17962-141867620731_thumb.jpg

What is very strange is that I have my older ATI - X800GT and it works fine running on XP. I swap it for the ATI - 4670 card and the text is screwed up. I have not changed the settings for the cards at all so it cannot be my settings but rather the 4670 card itself.

On both cards I set the anti-aliasing to "Let the Application Decide" which from other forums indicates that this shuts down the AA for a game that does not include AA settings.

If it is AA it is not consistant.

Letting Application Decide means you turn off AA at the ATI screen, and let the program decide if it will use AA. If you set AA at 2X, the game still sees AA as being on.

Secondly, no, the black box stays around the white letters (remember this is a work around from third party people, not the game developers)

If the settings are not changed though and the game works perfectly with my ATI-X800GT but does not work with the ATI-4670 it has to be the card itself.

Does this have to do with the DirectX 10.1 capability with ATI cards?

And is my only alternative to buy an NVidia card to continue to enjoy the game in Windows XP?

I have the game on both a ATI X800XE (XP) computer and a ATI 3780 (XP) computer. On the X800XE (XP) box all the CM series play fantasticly, but on the 3750 (XP) computer they barely play (if it does not crash). As a result, since the operating systems are the same and video drivers are the same too, I can only assume that it is in the video card itself that is causing the prolems.

Before you convert to nVidia, see if the newer nVidia cards play the game too. I know on some of my other older games like European Air War, only ATI cards can still play it (all ATI cards) because nVidia dropped thier support for older versions of M$'s DX in their newer cards.