Impressive AI

Truly a nooob, here, playing the CMAK demo.

In the demo scenario set in Italy with US advancing v. Germans in a town, I had made pretty good progress and I thought the game was in the bag, but ....

The final flag location is just across a bridge leaving town on the other side. I have armor and infantry pretty well mixed up by the end of the scenario as I am mopping up the village and grabbing the flags.

Then a tiger showed up on the road across the bridge. He immediately killed an exposed Sherman and a Stuart which was guarding my left flank. So I got punished.

But then I advanced a pair of Shermans through some trees and buildings on my right to support the infantry cleaning out a flag location. I thought the tanks were obscured from the Tiger's position; wrong.

Now this is the good part. In the middle of the turn the Sherman, which I think had a Hunt order, saw the 88 shell burst, popped smoke and reversed behind a stone wall. I am impressed, that strikes me as excellent AI. I will be ordering the CM bundle immediately.

Banjar, welcome to the CM community, and feel free to continue posting anthing CM or WWII related.

Awww yes, I still remember playing that demo scenario over and over again right before I purchased my CM bundle pack yrs ago.

If you havent already done so, I suggest you read through the various threads and posts regarding both CM games. There you will find alot of interesting info about the game mechanics, Tips & Tricks, and alot of other WWII related subjects.

* IMHO, believe the use of popping smoke in CM is alittle over-moddled.

If interested in discussing, and play testing any of the CM titles ( except CMBO ) to help you understand the mechanics better just email or PM me.

Thanx

Joe