C++ Runtime CTD 1.08

I played about 45 minutes yesterday and it was fine, but today I played the first Battle (forget the name) now.

As soon as I got to the town and engaged the game got really choppy and I couldn't move my mouse then I got the C++ Runtime error and the game crashed.

System Specs:

Intel C2D 2.3 GHz

2GB RAM

eVGA Nvidia 8600GTS PCIe

26GB free on HDD

Windows XP SP3 + all hotfixes and patches

DirectX 9c (I just reinstalled 2 days ago because the version that was on there wasn't working with ToW.

Nvidia 175.19 Drivers

I defrag weekly and use CCleaner to clean out temp files daily. My Anti-virus is update to date (Symantec 8-22-08 last updated). Spybot S&D & AdAware don't turn up anything.

When I run DxDiag.exe every tab says "No Problems Found."

Any ideas?

I haven't had a chance just yet, but I definitely will. I have looked around all over the place and it doesn't seems like a common error or one with a specific repeatable cause. It may, I hope, be a flukey thing...

I'll keep this thread updated if I find anything else.

Thanks!

I know for a fact it did not.

The Error was:

C++ Runtime Error

Your computer has experienced a runtime error. Please contact your software provider for assistance.

Or something very close to those lines.

The problem is...

There is no mention of it in my System, Software, or Application event logs....so I have no way to get more specific information on it.

Okay so I had another crash. This time, luckily, it was BSOD so there was an event log entry for it that indicated there was a halt in the driver which typically means a video or sound driver.

So....I messed around with some settings and made CMSF specific profile for my videocard with the following settings: (NOTE: There are only the settings I changed)

Error Reporting: ON

Threaded Optimization: Off

Triple Buffering: ON

Vertical Sync: Force On

So far so good. Not only did this address the stability I'm seeing a little smoother animation and, so far, not nearly the amount of screen redrawing that I was seeing previously.