Newbie Questions... Search didn't help

Sorry Guys, these are probably lame questions, but I did run searches and the terms are just too generic. Basically I got the game for a great price in the US, I can't play it right now, but we tested it at a friend's place and immediatly had some questions, compared to CMBB (no attacks or criticism, I just want to know how this is supposed to work):

1) No Artillery or Air in QBs - in fact no option to select specific forces anymore?

2) No ability to edit or move waypoints once they are set?

3) Can I get rid of the base markers for the units (I think I saw a mod, but shouldn't there be a simple hotkey?)

4) Same for floating icons.

Sorry if these sound very redundant, my internet access while on holiday is quite restricted, yet I want to get playing when I'm home. It seems like a great game, but this stuff made us stumple.

Icons can be turned off by hitting Alt I.

Way points are only editable by back spacing and erasing until you get to the part you want to fix. You can't adjust them with the mouse...yet...

You can't turn the bases off as of now but you can click on the ground to get them out from under the unit...unfortunately you won't get to see the stats but it's good for screenies.

QBs are gonna be totally revamped for the Normandy game. I don't play them so I can't answer the other stuff. I am sure someone will be along to help you on that.

Mord.

Paper Tiger, I have the printed manual with the game, it tells very little about QBs. How is the 1,10 manual gonna help me here?

Mord, thanks for the info. I think it was your mod I saw in another thread, with less visible unit bases... gonna try that.

If anyone else has clear infos on how to get a good QB going with Arty and Air Support, I'd appreciate that. I don't have enough online time to read the manual up there, and the 1.10 may anyway include changes that don't apply to my version.

My opinion is that QBs are typically more trouble then they are worth. You can get some fun games out of them, and there are some really good maps available but more often then not forces are not that good, even with 1.08, especially if you want small battles.

You can get arty if the force OOB has it, which means larger scale battles. In larger scale battles, balance is typically better too. So a battalion sized battle will have arty if the battalion has arty integral to it's OOB. Which also means no CAS, aircraft not being a big feature of US Army OOBs.

Way points are only editable by back spacing and erasing until you get to the part you want to fix. You can't adjust them with the mouse...yet...

Mord.

Well now I never knew that! And I even RTFM too :) Just goes to show it's easy to miss little gems like this. Thanks Mord, that'll save a lot of time and pain coz I've just been cancelling the entire order when I stuff up and starting from scratch.