Trying to catch a perfect .wav

I have been working on a sound mod (some new gunshots and explosions) that I think makes the game much more realistic.

Here's the problem... some of the sound files sound great as a wav file, but quite a few of them sound much different in-game. They sound muffled and echoey. Some even sound lower pitched.

The only sound option in the options menu is on/off.

How can I correct this?

ditto, i've had same probs. i am using Total recorder, also audacity..... staill can't get all to sound good in game, preview sounds in one of the above apps and they sound great. i've also tried different bit rate e.t.c....same, so to answer, sorry don't have a clue. i've been trying various things with sounds over the last few months, and some work great! i reckon improving some aspects of the sound would transform the game big time., so good luck and look forward to your mods.

cheers

richa.

Format has to be 44.100khz, 16 bit, mono. Check your wavs, you may have a Khz setting off or something. I had that happen a couple times.

When I make my wavs I put them in a folder and use details to check them all. If you are using Windows, make a folder and put all your wavs in there. Go to the View tab in that folder and select "choose details", Check the Name, Bitrate, Audio Sample Size, Audio Sample Rate, and Channels boxes (those are all you need). Then set the folder itself for details. That way all your wavs will be in a nice line with all the pertinent info on the right, you'll be able to see all your wav file properties at a glance and if there's a screw up it'll stick out like a soar thumb.

Mord.