Unit Icon Errors, with screenies!

c3k

Gents,

I've just noticed an error in how the game renders unit information: I selected a squad in a Stryker. The nine man squad with weapons shows up in the interface. When I hover the mouse cursor over the weapon symbol, the list on the left of the screen highlights the individual. (If they were out of the vehicle their base would flash.)

The error is that the list on the left does not correspond with the weapon icon which the mouse is hovering over. See the screenshots.

First shot, the squad leader; All is correct.

Uniticonbugleader.jpg

Next up is the first team leader, inappropriately tagged as an MG'er:

Uniticonbugassistantleader.jpg

Finally, the real MG'er shown as a mere soldier:

Uniticonbugmachinegunner.jpg

Sure, this may be minor in the scheme of things, but it is, nevertheless wrong.

Thanks,

Ken

Nice spot. From a programming point of view it clearly looks like the left-hand list has been sorted by type but the index used to determine which man to highlight is from the original unsorted list - e.g. "3rd man in squad", "4th man in squad", etc.

As you say though, it has zero game impact, so will probably be one of the last things to be fixed. A quick and nasty fix would probably be to just not sort the left-hand list at all and keep the original order.

Actually I believe there is no bug. When mounted in a Stryker, two men get air watch duty (those are the guys sticking out from the panels in the back). In the listing on the left they are identified as MG. Furthermore, when you dismount the squad, you'll notice that the men with the M249's are not referred to as 'MG', but merely 'soldier'. There is no MG in a rifle squad.

Slug is correct. I just tested this with a three man team. When Stryker mounted they were listed as Leader, MG and MG. When dismounted they were Leader, Marksman and Soldier.

Mord.