PDE campaign *Spoiler*

PD

Hi Guys,

Long time Battlefront customer, and I play SC along with a few beers, seems to be a perfect accompaniment.

Having just bought SC2 for the Patton Drives East, I've been playing some of the WAW scenarios to get my hand back in, and it's still the fun game it's always been.

My question (of course) is about the main Patton Drives East campaign, which I started the other night. Out of the blue I get a wonderful message "Volunteer Armour Corp formed", and some nice units popped up in the USA. Not entirely surprising to find spare tanks eh? :D

What I'd like are some suggestions as to what I'd do with them. I'm currently split on their final deployment. The Soviets drove out of Iran to capture Iraq, but they seem to be holding, although I did see a HQ unit park down there, so I guess they have further designs on my oil.

As I can't generate local units, should I send these guys here, or throw them into the furnace that is Poland? I'm starting to slow down on my Eastern Drive, pushing to Warsaw and a side thrust into the other Warsaw Pact nations. I love the bomber support I've been given :D Unfortunately I havn't been able to eliminate the Russian Airforce, they keep withdrawing, and reinforcements are beginning to appear.

I'm stilll buying American units, and there's a steady stream of them making their way to unload into Eastern Germany, to potentially start forming a front to hold down the Russians if they're able to form en masse.

So, any suggestions on what other people have done with them? Invade Finland? :D

• 1 month later...

It's a bit hard to say really... you've just got to consider the options and go with what seems best. It will take a while to get units from the USA to Iran, so Europe might be better, but sending them to the Middle East might be more exciting and open up opportunities to hit Soviet income (i.e. their oil wells) which you wouldn't have otherwise.

As to opening up a new front, whether in Finland or elsewhere, that requires quite a few resources being available to do so, but if you've got the troops then give it a go.