Hehe, im gonna make a soundmod...

well, now that ive figured out how to do it (no thanx to you guys... what happened to all the support from other modders on this site???) im gonna make a soundmod for ToW.

it will include all countries small arms and cannons.

explosions might be changed too

Well, I'm interested!

The more changes, the better. Especialy explosions and tank engine sounds can be better. If its in your reach, can you alter the 'incoming granade whissle' sounds because there quite irritating imo.

thanx

im gonna try to check it out... but at the moment i havent been able to extract any of the sounds, so im just going off the filelist... but ill try to add enginesounds, explosions and possibly arty and air sounds for the next installment... but the first release will be just smallarms and cannons... thats enough work to start with (so far 270 soundfiles... not all unique of course, but since most weapons excluding rifles and cannons have between 7 and 13 versions its a handful.)

actually... ive run into a few snags...

first off, i cant find the soundfile for the sten mkII smg (im using the JSH mod btw)

and i cant figure out what sound the Jagdtiger main gun is using... its definately one of the 105mm howizers (oddly enough, since its a 128mm AT gun) but i cant figure out wich one...

Samples\Sten_MkII_1_round.wav

Samples\Sten_MkII_1_round_#.wav, where # is 1 to 6

(Total 7 files)

As you can see, each sound file is 1 round, and they are combined into continious stream of sound by selecting random ones.

Jagdtiger:

105mm_leFH18M_L28.wav

BTW, you can alter sounds by editing preset files (sound files for each weapon are specified there). There are two folders in Sound.sfs - Samples and PRESETS.

Here is preset file for Jagdtiger (PRESETS\weapons.ger.128mm_PaK_44_L55.prs):

[common]

mode normal

infinite 0

vgroup exp2

[spl]

[samples]

105mm_leFH18M_L28.wav

And here is preset for Sten (PRESETS\weapons.uk.Sten_MkII.prs):

[common]

mode normal

infinite 1

numadj 0

vgroup smg

[spl]

[samples]

Sten_MkII_1_round.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_1.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_2.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_3.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_4.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_5.wav

Sten_MkII_1_round_6.wav

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_1.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_2.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_3.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_4.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_5.wav]

infinite 1

[sample.Sten_MkII_1_round_6.wav]

infinite 1

hey, could you do me the favor of sending the preset file for the jagdtiger to me?

i cant seem to get the SFS extractor working (i just got a new computer with vista and most things seem to be writeprotected, locked and otherwise hindered... bloody annoying)

well... i made a .prs file (by copying another one) and named it that, changed the text in it to what you wrote here, but nothing happened...

so the original would be preferrable..

If the text inside remained the same, it's no wonder that nothing changed. Try to specify, say, sten sound in prs file for Jagdtiger - then sten sound should play when it fires.

Someone knows if you can find, and where, a mod sounds for TOW? Maybe complete with guns, explosions and all small arms?

Thanks Hello

My mate Tartari is making a big one (I'm helping him btw), you already can download a foretaste: a small arms sound mod (german and american) at http://www.cmmods.com/

If you prefer to hear the sounds before:

and

Someone knows if you can find, and where, a mod sounds for TOW? Maybe complete with guns, explosions and all small arms?

Thanks Hello

eh yeah... thats kinda the point of the thread... im making one...

@ sneaskie; no you misunderstand... i copied the text and saved then i changed the name of the sound in that file (so i changed it to use the 122mm sound) but nothing happened...

Sorry, it seems i forgot that prs files for weapons should be in PRESETS\SOUNDS dir, not just PRESETS. Check this:

1) In your tow dir there is PRESETS\SOUNDS dir

2) There is file weapons.ger.128mm_PaK_44_L55.prs in PRESETS\SOUNDS dir

3) This file contains (for 122mm sound):

[common]

mode normal

infinite 0

vgroup exp2

[spl]

[samples]

122mm_D_25T.wav

well... the mods been on hold a bit (even tho its more or less done) since ive fallen back in love with Medieval 2: Total War Stainless Steel mod... so ive been playing that like mad.

but ill get off my butt soon enough and fix it... so far its about 78 megs worth of sounds...

• 1 month later...

Speaking of sound mods -- I've downloaded Tartari's mod, but I have no idea how to install it, and there are no installation instructions in either of the zips. (I though there was a thread about Tartari's sound mod, but I can't find it.) Any advice?

ok, so im uploading whats done of my mod to CMMODS right now...

i might work on it a bit more, since ive started playing TOW again... but im not sure i can be bothered...

anyway... its up, but there is no readme... just extract the .rar file to your main Theatre of War folder and it should work (it should make a folder called samples or if there is one just let it overwrite it)

• 2 weeks later...