Tobruk Reinforcement. Bug or normal

Just wondering if this is a bug in PDE or normal. I have an italian army sitting on Tobruk. Both Tobruk and the port sit at 5 supply. The army is at 5 as well. The UK troops have surrounded the city and knocked his strength down to 5. Question is: Shouldn't I be able to reinforce him to 8 strength? (I thought I always had in Blitz and WAW.) Unless I'm missing something here (which is certainly possible.) I was able to reinforce him before the attack began (from its start of 3 to 8.) So does surrounding him have something to do with the lack of reinforcements?

I guess alot of people don't know that. First time its happened to me in Tobruk. Although most of the time Tobruk is down due to the Malta effect...Guess I should have pulled him out. (Had I known.) Learn something new everyday. Thanks H.C.

Watch out Canuck, now I'll be able to use that on you... smile.gif