CMSF standard battle conversations!?

is it ok to take a battle wich is included with CMSF and made by BFC, and convert it to REDonRED or BLUEonBLUE or the like!?

i did that for myself for Factory Outlet. its basicly the same, i just changed the briefing to fit, stretched out the players and enemy reinforcements in time and added "time" to make up for the longer wait of red arty modules.

also i changed the position of some mines and a few other RED units. i didnt changed RED reinforcements or so.

balance whise, i dont know, i will play it tomorrow, i just finished it.

i tried to up the challenge considerable(as i was slightly bored playing it as US yesterday) without making it frustrating. blue actually got about the same amount of man now but 6 T72 TURMS-T tanks instead of 3 M1A2 SEP + 3MGS strykers as they had in the original version.

so, "should" i actually destroy this version as soon as possible becouse it not ok to do!? i dont know if there could be a conflict.

if not, and the thing playes out fine, i thought about adding it to CMMODS with full credit to BFC ovcourse and just notes from myself about what i changed.

someone possibly know if that would be ok to do!?

I think BFC will have to give the official answer but I would guess that this would not be a problem. Anything that potentially increases the customer base of CM:SF is going to do BFC a favour so why would they want to stop you? Usually with things like this the program is protected by copyright but you can do what you like with sample data for the program (which is effectively all that a scenario is).

Go ahead. I mod their scenarios all the time. It's not like you can sell them.

Seriously though, it's not a problem. Just be sure to ask or at least give credit to the original designer if you plan to release it to the public. In most cases there will be no problem but you never know when someone might decide to freak out.

yes if i put it up on CMMODs i wouldnd say its "mine" :D

ok so i wait a few days and see if someone official finds this thread. if nothing turns up against it, i give it a try to up it.

in the meantime i see if its even playable and adjust things a bit if in order :D

This has been asked before.

If that is only for you then go ahead and mess with it as much as you like. It's your game!!!

Most designers that answered this question before said they would like to be consulted if this was to be made public and uploaded to CMMODS. And credit given of course.

-

for that case i tried to find out who did factory outlet. but its nowhere stated who did it. not in the briefing and not in the discription in the battes screen.

so do you think it could be worth it to ask for that in the main CMSF forums!? after all this section doesnt get too much attention here.

i played through it already and removed one 130mm gun and a tank. it playes really nice in RED vs RED version.

so i need to try to find out who did it and ask him for sure.

Ok, It seems this one is from George Mc.

I'd send him an email to ask if I were you.

The fact that you can't find credit for some of the official scenarios is due to the fact that most of them are the result of the work of more than one person. The designer submits the work but it had to be somehow adapted to fit into the game context. With some things added, deleted or changed.

At least that's my understanding. ;)

-