New Scenario: Rock Around The Block (Mk IIa) (corrected briefing)

Thanks. Very much appreciated. smile.gif

Yes the time limit is always a matter of personal preference :D

It's a question of how much pressure do I want to put on a player to reach his objective.

In this case it's all about encouraging him to focus on the main objective and not to waste his time searching the whole map for enemy units. ;)

A very enjoyable scenario. I won with 10 minutes to spare playing in Real Time.

Spoilers

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

I advanced methodically up both sides of the street with the initial force and managed to keep the Bradley intact which was a great help. When the reinforcements arrived I was lucky in that the RPG ambush only immobilised 1 Bradley before being taken out. That Bradley was then handily placed to eliminate a number of the roving vehicles and enemy squads that appeared later.

I managed to throw away 1 Bradley in a reckless charge to the apartment buildings but after that I was a bit more patient and took both buidings. Certainly I've never used the Blast command as much as I did in this scenario. Like everyone else I thought it was good the way that further enemy forces kept appearing behind me.

Thanks

Anthony

birdstrike,

Very nice scenario!

I just played it an got a Major Victory.

I liked the graphics in the briefing also, specially since they are so clear and to the point. Also in the briefing text the way you left a lot of blank spaces and made all the info so clear. This seems like just a little detail but it is important to know in a very precise and graphic way what is going on in the mission, the reinforcements and all. I'll keep your example in mind when I make my next mission.

********** Spoiler Alert **************************

It looks pretty tough in the beginning and I started to think it would be another defeat for me, but as you get the reinforcements things get under control and although there are some nasty RPGs around there is plenty firepower to support your advance.

I got only 5 killed which seemed reasonable taking into account the intensity of the firefight. But I could have definitely done better.

Like bodkin pointed out the M1 in the end was not really necessary, although I liked to have it around.

The problem I see whenever the Abrams shows up in a mission is that you then start to expect something nasty from the Red side. If the threat doesn't materialize it seems like something is out of place.

But it's a minor detail, thats for sure, and probably just a matter of taste really.

Again, great mission! Thanks!

--

Thanks for the feedback and the comments on the briefing. smile.gif

I use the structure of the old CMx1 briefings. So no credit to me. ;)

Actually one of the reasons I put the M1 in originally, was because I got so careless after repeated playtesting, I needed something around in the end to avert a total defeat :D

The practical use of it really depends on how the fight plays out before. I decided to keep it, if just as a token of appreciation for the player who's come this far.