Team Mongoose and The Cobra

Team Mongoose and The Cobra is a scenario that involves a lot mechanized forces. Of course, near the end, there’s a climatic exchange of fire – With the US M1 Tank Platoon cleaning house.

However, the mission of the Syrian battalion is to inflict damage to the Stryker element heading for their objective. There’s a few minutes where the Stryker company must fend for themselves against a strong armored attack.

I tried to develop a red player against blue AI. It just was too easy. So the scenario is best played as blue. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMMods.nsf

Wow, that was a slugfest. That was a tough mission. I was initially stopped at the first ridge, but was able to break out with air and artillery support. So I made a mad dash for the town and met some more resistance. Just when I thought I was good to go, the real resistance flanked the crap out of me and attacked with armor. I was able to dispatch the armor fairly quickly, although they were able to cause considerable damage. This was a fun mission. This mission shows the Soviet style of warfare. Their strategy was to have overwhelming force and numbers, so that even if the enemy (US) had better technology, they would still be able to overrun the lines.

Anyhow, great mission. smile.gif