Scenario for testing - Unlocking the DOOR

Guys hi

A small scenario for testing.

Map size 672x448

Infantry only - Blue (US) reinforced platoon attacking a Red (Syrian) understrength company.

2 Hour timescale.

Close terrain (map is cropped from large rural map three)

Any body interested post here or drop me a line (CMSF in subject) and I'll forward the file. Thoughts and feedback welcomed

Thanks and enjoy ( I hope)

[ December 22, 2007, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Pete Wenman ]

Web' hi

I'd love to test yours but couldn't promise as to when I might have the time.

I've loaded this one up at cmmods for anyone who might be interested.

Low wall bug has some impact as I thought it played better when low walls were low walls, but otherwise 1.05 works well.

[ December 24, 2007, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Pete Wenman ]

I took the door, losing 1 squad who walked into a building and was mowed down by some guys hiding inside. Next I got my reinforcements and had them move up the right side. They came into some minor contact but handled it well. One guy was wounded but another squad was able to rescue him.

At this point, I thought I had it in the bag. So I tried to pound the lock and key with whatever artillery I had left, but most of the rounds missed. Then I moved my guys up the right side through the woods. As soon as I got to the objective, I was ambushed by a couple dozen Syrians! My squads were decimated. Only a few shaken soldiers remained. They were finally able to make it into the lock/key compound, but were not able to root out the enemy in the building next door. These guys were in trouble, so I mobilized whoever was left at the door for a rescue mission. Time ran out.

I received a draw.

Great mission! With the way it ended for me, it would have made a good campaign, the next mission would have been a rescue. I had fun with this one. Hoorah!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Things I like about Unlocking the Door:

1. I wanted to use the tower, but red artillery took it out, nice surprise.

2. My advancing squads got bogged down in a minefield. A medic ran over to save a badly injured man and stepped on another mine. It was a mess. Just like in real life.

3. The tank hiding between the two buildings on the left. Trying to take it out made for a very interesting tactical situation.

4. The map was great. You put a lot of time into it and the flavor objects were well placed.

5. The surprise I got when I finally reached the lock and key area. My advanced troops were obliterated.

6. 3 ai plans.

7. There are more, can't think of them.

Things I don't like:

1. I kinda like vehicles and the ammo they carry. Maybe another stryker at the beginning just to load up my troops with ammo. A few squads ran out and were rendered useless.

A great mission, Pete. I'll play it again.

I liked it very much...somehow it reminds me Close Combat series.....(with infantry combat in forest)...The map is great and very detailed.

But I found that AI was to gentle into forest...they've never opened fire on me first and I wiped them out very easily..(curious)

I win by total surrender with 9 KIA and 15 wounded in elite in 1h50'...

Another problem is that I've take the three objectives , cleared them and leaved some troops on them...still I needed to harass the enemy to obtain a surrender....

(sorry for my english)

Pete,

I enjoyed the game... Take the time down to 1 hour 30 minutes. That's really the only negative.

"Spoiler*

I enjoyed taking out that armored car under the car port looking thing. Flanked it and got on the second level of the building or the roof. I also was able to use the sniper team with great success in this scenario... First time. I sent the team toward the Lock and Key objective. In hunt mode. When they got to the wall near Obj Lock I left them alone. When I returned to them they were dropping enemy targets right and left.