New Campaign - Crossroads Trilogy

Finally finished the first mission (and left a 5 star review on CMMODS, under the single mission scenario). Got total victory, but only after a long hard, thoroughly enjoyable slog, and several failed attempts. Really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best. Look forward to completing the campaign.

Crits: well, I ended with 35 mins to spare, so it could be shortened somewhat. And maybe the enemy resistance could've been stiffened a little in the final stages. My two platoons of reinforcements were more than enough to complete the task.

Agree with earlier comments (and I mentioned this in another thread some while back) that arrival of reinforcements should be more clearly announced. Very easy to miss.

Anyway, Webwing, keep makin' 'em. If this is your first, you got a fine future for us to look foward to!

Cheers, dude!

Originally posted by handihoc:

Finally finished the first mission (and left a 5 star review on CMMODS, under the single mission scenario). Got total victory, but only after a long hard, thoroughly enjoyable slog, and several failed attempts. Really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the best. Look forward to completing the campaign.

handihoc,

Thanks a lot!

Funny thing is that I was not sure if anybody would enjoy an infantry only scenario. Never mind a long hard one. I was under the impression most were into big tank battles. Apparently I was wrong.

I'm really into WWII infantry only battles.

Crits: well, I ended with 35 mins to spare, so it could be shortened somewhat. And maybe the enemy resistance could've been stiffened a little in the final stages. My two platoons of reinforcements were more than enough to complete the task.

I'm a slow player and like to take my time and in CM:SF you can always end the mission at any point so I'd rather give the player more than less time to complete it.

I see your point regarding the final stages.

It's tempting to carry on modifying this one but I'll give it a rest and concentrate on other projects for a while and come back further along the line.

Anyway, Webwing, keep makin' 'em. If this is your first, you got a fine future for us to look foward to!

Cheers, dude!

Thanks again. These comments make me want to do more and better! I hope I have the time!! :D

--

Webwing,

Scored a total victory on the first mission after on the third attempt, scored a total victory on the second mission at the first attempt even though my Bradleys only wanted to fire HE at the T-55s which cost me a couple of them.

**SPOILER**

The last mission I've only just started but I was dissapointed with the begining, the ambush comes out right behind you, about 20 metres away! it was just too unrealistic for my liking.

Otherwise it was a really enjoyable campaign, and I look foward to your next effort.

bodkin,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Originally posted by bodkin:

**SPOILER**

The last mission I've only just started but I was dissapointed with the begining, the ambush comes out right behind you, about 20 metres away! it was just too unrealistic for my liking.

Hm, that sounds like a bug. This is not what I planned! Maybe when I did the last update I messed up something. I'll check it out.

In the mean time could you be more specific about this. Where exactly do they come from? Which part of the map?

Thanks again.

--

bodkin,

Fixed! That was really my mistake. Somehow I didn't save by the time I deployed this last unit. So they were back to their default position on the map which is on the northeast corner of the map.

Sorry for that!

The new, fixed version has already been uploaded to CMMODS.

And thanks again for pointing that out.

--