Tools that might be nice in the Editor

I understand that some or all of these ideas may be unfeasible but I think these would be cool to have.

1. Withdraw ability and objective.

The idea is that through the unit could set you could set a group to withdraw and a place for them to withdraw at. When a unit gets to the selected location it is removed from the map. These units would count as having survived the battle. A withdraw objective could also be added so that the player is given points for each unit from a specific group which withdraws.

2. Updatable Objectives.

Have objectives which can be given to the player with a timer and/or trigger delay, Additionally allow objectives to be removed due to timeout or triggers.

3. Messages sent to player.

Allow for messages to be transmitted to the player on a timer/trigger delay. This would go well paired with #2.

I don't think any of these things are critical they would just open up more possibilities. Feel free to add your own or criticize those above.

#1 is the 'exit objective', has been quite demanded and I do hope it's on their list.

#2 sounds very nice, dynamic objectives. Not only based opn time maybe too on casualties or other stuff. and as for #3 should be easy to do, like the reinforcements messages.

But by far, I agree with dan, StratAI needs much more triggers. I really like the path BF has taken, scripted strategic AI plans are easier on their end and also give more control to scenariod esigners, as getting a good stratAI would be a painfull work (even harder than TacAI and we allready see how much problems there are with that). But for this tow ork nice we need a wider variety of triggers and options; it would be really helpfull in case of QBs too.

This coupled with dynamic objectives as you suggested would give any scenario designerall what they need.

I hope all this is in their list, I'm sure it has been suggested on the internal forum allready as it's not hard to see. Soemone should point out Steve to this thread though hehe

Wow, there are so many things that I could ask for here. But one thing that stands out for me is being able to set variable VP locations so that the defender is never quite sure which objective the attacker is after. The defender can see that there are two/three or more objectives for the enemy player and so has to plan to cover them all before the game starts.

These could be placed into the AI script. It would also be nice to be able to script artillery plans to a particular AI plan rather than having them all lumped into one group.