prison revolt scenario

i was trying to make a prison revolt scenario. the map was 1600M X 1600M and i had at least 1000 taliban and almost 700 U.S. + Northern Alliance troops. when i try to load the scenario, it takes forever just to get to the password screen and i can not get past it. is the map just too big or is my computer too slow? i never have any trouble playing other scenarios, other than a little slow down once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

DasNoogie,

How is your prison revolt scenario coming on? Have you abandoned it?

If you are interested, here's a nice resource covering the prison revolt of the Taliban during the Invasion of Afghanistan in 2001. The place the prisoners were kept was called Qala-i-Jangi, which means "House of War" in Persian. What a great scenario title that would be!

Anyway, here's the resource:

House of War

yes, i gave up on it. the map had too much detail for my computer to play it. so i made a smaller one, 1/3 of the size and while it ran okay, it ended up being pretty boring.

i might revisit now, with the info from that website. really nice. a problem i have was when 800 taliban started shooting, my computer would freeze up. even with 500 of them, it still ran super slow. if i tried it again, probably would only use 100-150.

if anyone else feels like trying it go for it. in my free time, i have been working on a town assault map and have put this scenario on the back shelf.