2-25 SBCT Home Page

Hi,

As those of you who bought the full game with the enclosed map poster will know, the Stryker unit in the game is supposed to be 2nd Bde, 25th Infantry Div (Stryker).

After much digging on the internet, I've found the brigade's home page, which details all the units that make up the brigade, including their unit insignia etc. This might be useful for those grogs amongst you who like to get their briefing details and graphics right.

Here's the page:

2-25 SBCT Home Page

And here is another page on the brigade, including some additional unit designations.

Global Security 2-25 Page

P.S. - There are even some contact details for the brigade on the home page. Perhaps someone (not me!) should send them an email telling them their unit is now in a computer game! Could increase sales. ;)

[ August 30, 2007, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

Example of using real-world unit designation, insignia and nickname in scenario.

The unit's insignia replaces the Strategic Map. It is also identified by its proper designation and NATO symbol in the Operational map and briefing text. It is even correctly named in the C2 information panel in-game.

This all adds to a sense of realism IMHO, and helps the player identify more with the units he controls in the scenario.

ba1.jpg

ba2.jpg

UnitName.jpg

[ August 30, 2007, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

• 3 months later...

Webwing,

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread. Don't worry about your campaign - it's realistic enough as it is!

By the way, I found something out whilst rereading this thread. I had assumed that the designation "Wolfhounds" for unit "1st battalion 27th infantry regiment" was for the battalion. It turns out it's for the regiment. 1-27 infantry btn is part of 2-25 infantry div, and 2-27 infantry btn is part of 3-25 infantry div, both at Schofield barracks in Hawaii. They both have the same "Wolfhounds" nickname and badge.

2nd Brigade 25th ID is light at this time. Maybe by the time of the game they are an SBCT. 1st Brigade is the SBCT. They are stationed at Ft. Lewis. I was in 1-5 INF from 94-97. We were the light element for the Force XXI experiments and one of the first units to field the Javelin and a lot of the new toys the guys are using now in Iraq.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Ok, did a little more digging. Appearantly 1-25 has been redesignated 2nd Cavalry Regiment and is now the 4th Brigade of the 25th ID. Neither brigade's homepages are working right now so I don't really know who is where or what units have been redesignated.

Hi Sgtmuhammed, now don't take this wrong, but where did you get your information from? Because where I work at, I have allot of access to information and this is what I have for the 25th ID:

1/25 SBCT "Lancers"

HHC 1st BCT

1st BN 5th INF RGT

1st BN 24th INF RGT

3rd BN 21st INF RGT

Company D 52nd INF RGT

5th SQD 1st CAV RGT

2nd BN 8th Field Artillery RGT

73rd Engineer Co

176th Signal Co

184th MI Co

25th SB

-------------------------------------------------

2/25 SBCT "Warriors"

HHC 2nd BCT

1st BN 14th INF RGT

1st BN 21st INF RGT

1st BN 27th INF RGT

Company B 52nd INF RGT

5th SQD 14th CAV RGT

2nd BN 11th Field Artillery RGT

66th Engineer Co

556th Signal Co

185th MI Co

225th SB

-----------------------------------------

3/25 IBCT "Bronco"

HQ 3rd BCT

2nd BN 27th INF RGT

2nd BN 35th INF RGT

3rd SQD 4th CAV RGT

3rd BN 7th Field Artillery RGT

325th SB

STB 3rd BCT 25th INF DIV

------------------------------------------

4/25 IBCT (ABN) "Spartan"

HQ 4th BCT

1st BN 501st INF RGT

3rd BN 509th INF RGT

1st SQD 40th CAV RGT

2nd BN 377th Field Artillery RGT

725th SB

STB 4th BCT 25th INF DIV

Now I could be wrong but most likly no :D

"On June 1, 2006 at Fort Lewis, Wash., the 2nd Cavalry Regiment and the 1st Brigade of the 25th Infantry Division conducted a joint reflagging and casing ceremony. The 2nd CR was reflagged as the 4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker). The 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division cased its brigade colors and was reflagged as the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. The Army restationed 2SCR to Rose Barracks, Vilseck, Germany — near the Regiment's Cold War home of Nuremberg — as of September 15, 2006. With a foundation of infantry-based tactics and the mobility of the Stryker vehicle, the Stryker brigade has become more of a hybrid unit, filling the gap between pure, light infantry and the mechanized, heavy infantry.

On May 8th, 2007, the Department of Defense announced that the 2nd SCR will deploy to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in August 2007. They are scheduled for up to a 15 month tour."

Got this from wiki but it is the same as the globalsecurity entry. I was in 2nd ACR in '94 Mike troop 3rd Squadron just before they moved to Polk. The Army has swapped so many units around that I don't know where anyone is anymore.

I'm not doubting you SgtMuhammed, I'm not getting my information from Globalsecurity.org which is good sometimes but they can get outdated real quick or other web sites. I'm getting my information from government sites which most people can't get to because you still need to be on active duty or government contractors and not classified. Yes your correct and right now the unit is labeled as the 2CR SBCT:

HHT 2nd CAV RGT

1st SQD 2nd CAV RGT

2nd SQD 2nd CAV RGT

3rd SQD 2nd CAV RGT

4th SQD 2nd CAV RGT

Anti-armor Troop 2nd CAV RGT

Field Artillery SQD 2nd CAV RGT

Engineer Troop 2nd CAV RGT

Signal Troop 2nd CAV RGT

MI Troop 2nd CAV RGT

Support SQD 2nd CAV RGT

2nd SCR is in Vilseck.

Google 2nd SCR and a few HQUSAREUR and Stars and Stripes articles pop up.

Looks like they are operating in Baghdad.

The 1BCT-25ID to 2SCR thing was, IIRC, only for a few months until the Regiment stood up in Vilseck.

I know a few 19D scout NCO's from Knox that PCS'd to Vilseck to form the initial cadre for the Regiment.

Toujuors Pret