Today's embarrassing admission:

I've played CMBO for over two years now and I'd never noticed the "set (visual) scale" for units hotbutton before. D'oh!!!! I think this whole time I've been playing at +2 or +3 scale size for all units. No wonder my trees looked so much smaller than everyone else's! Just goes to show you that just when you think there's nothing new in the game to discover...

Yes, the ctrl-c key is very useful.

Its good to crank it up when you want to view the whole battlefield from above. When I first starting playing, I wondered, "why are these men so big and these houses so tiny." They looked like giants.

Then when I checked the hotkey screen, I was surprised to find I could adjust the size of men and units.

I got lucky-I found it early in my CMBO career. I like 'em small-more "realistic" that way, even though i am over 40 and can barely see the keyboard, much less the screen. Thank goodness for bi-focals, and the new pair that I should receive next week. The bigger units always remind me too much of board games.