Supply Platoon?

Webwing,

My guess is that the supply platoon humvees are not actually supposed to be loaded up with supplies. They are just part of the supply assets of the battalion, which would also include trailers for the humvees as well as supply trucks.

I would love to see supply trucks and fuel tankers modelled in the game. So many scenarios are COIN ones, it makes sense to have supply convoys that need to be protected.

[ December 04, 2007, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

Cpl Steiner,

Thanks for the answer.

I'd also like to see supply trucks but read somewhere that it was out of the question since due to the duration of the battles they thought it was unnecessary.

Not so. I am doing some scenarios with infantry only and it's amazing how fast they all run out of ammo.

--

This is really a bit strange. I guess they just didn’t have time to implement it. It sure doesn’t make much sense to me the way it is. If you have extra ammo inside the strikers why not on the humvees of the Supply Platoon? This has been the source of most of the trouble I’m having with my mission Crossroads. Infantry only, fighting for over an hour. Ammo won’t last. Ammo is spent like hell in suppressive fire that is usually the role of the strikers. Some may argue that the game was not designed with infantry only in mind. That might be the case but still be really cool to have the supply platoon vehicles drive to the front line with more ammo for the troops.

--

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I guess for the time being the only way in the game to really conserve ammo is to have half you men hiding and half firing, with them switching over every 5 minutes or so. I might try this sometime to see if there is any merit in trying to outlast your enemy's supplies.

Good point.

In the parameters for the mission you can get points for conserving ammo for both sides. So there can be a situation where you get points for conserving your ammo plus the enemy losing points for spending too much.

--