Securom! help.

only quick fix is to download the game from BFC.

This bug plagues paradox and takes a few days to fix and with it now coming up for the weekend you would be quicker getting the BFC game.

7 Months later, the securom bug still causes my copy of the paradox game to be screwed.

Assuming you have the CD already in the CD drive you might want to try and take the CD out of the drive, reboot and then insert the CD into the drive once Windows comes back up.

The CD's autorun program should launch and you can run the game via that, or using the desktop shortcut.

I saw a similar issue with the Paradox patch while I tested it, but once I rebooted and inserted the CD, it worked fine and then I never had any more issues.

Madmatt

After 1.07 my game didnt start, I just got error message ("A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed (6000)".) I contacted SecuROM support, send analyzed information and got response;

"Please run your game in compatibility mode. In order to do that, please

follow the steps below:

- right click, with your mouse the CM SHOCK FORCE.exe file of your game

- left click on properties

- click on the Compatibility tab

- mark the box called "Run this program in compatibility mode for"

- select Windows 2000

- click on Apply

- click on OK

Please re-start the application."

Game works fine after that. You may want to try that in case other means have failed.

Im using XP, Nvidia-card and Intel Dualcore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks - new member here with the same problems described above with Paradox version...

Anyone know what the spyware was the Securom didn't agree with? I've closed NortonAv + ZoneAlarm down but still no joy...

Driving me mad 'cos up for a bout of MP FISH (Fighting In Someones House) with a bud and can't get the thing to play!

Thanks!