CMSF has encountered a problem and needs to close . . .

Oh, well I guess you are suffering from a different problem to myself and a few others then. Is it only during that second mission, or are all other scenarios you play affected? I only ask because the problem I have with saved games happens on every scenario game that I have saved. If your random CTD is related to a single scenario, that might narrow down the places BFC had to look.

I haven't got to Webwing's 2nd battle yet - I lost too many men and decided to redo the first mission, but still haven't restarted...

I tried deleting all mods in case that was the cause, but it made no difference.

The crash generates a report for Microsoft, but it doesn't let me copy it to post here. It does tell me its saved it in a temp .txt file, but when I look on my hard drive I can't find it anywhere. It doesn't show up in Windows temp directory.

> Z, that is what I am experiencing.

Me, too. I notice when I loaded the saved game, the time was strange. The turn was really at 1:02:00 left in the game, but the first time I loaded the save, it showed 1:16:00 until I rewound the replay. The second time I loaded the save, it showed 1:02:26 or something.... Game blows up with 1 second left on all subsequent turns/replays.