Another glance at the problem with starting the Paradox version of CM:SF?

As a quit, but yearlong dedicated fan of all CM-titles I now finally have to interfere with this very useful forum. I have a problem I cannot solve although I have searched the internet and followed this forums tips and guides.

A month ago I purchased the Paradox version of CM:SF, installed it, and right away applied the 1.04 patch. But the game could not start, gave me those "unable to authenticate original disc within time limit " and "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup" messages associated with Securom. However, I managed to play the game by clicking the icon, then eject the cd, insert it again and the game would start.

Until yesterday. I eagerly installed the 1.05 patch. And my little trick didnt work anymore. Now the only thins I get are the messages from above. I have mailed Securom, got a fast reply with af new exe-file, but that dit not work either.

Im close to desperat, and would like to know if any of you outhere has managed to solve this problem or has any tips.

Happy holidays, wargamers

You have to go thru a long winded process involving emailing the securom people with the details and a log. Good luck over the holidays.

My advice, ditch it. Buy from BFC, download it, patch it, play it.

I still have not got my copy of Paradox version working on my own machine. 4 months or so after purchase. Exact same problems you had then I had the black screen of death which Paradox did nothing to help solve. Even tho it infests several of there games.

Oh get this. Paradox version won't run on your main account on windows. You have to create a guest account and try to play it from there.

It's a farce. I tried for 4 months to get a way round the black screen of death but no joy. This was after a week of trying to get the "disc error" sorted out by email with securom and Paradox, who told me it was a dodgy disc and get another copy from the shop I bought it from.

Buy from BFC. Forget paradox.

Originally posted by Meach:

It's a farce. I tried for 4 months to get a way round the black screen of death but no joy. This was after a week of trying to get the "disc error" sorted out by email with securom and Paradox, who told me it was a dodgy disc and get another copy from the shop I bought it from.

Buy from BFC. Forget paradox.

They don't even give you a new *(((## disk?

Yea buy direct from this site, i bought the download copy of CMSF plus the hard copy which took about a week to arrive by air mail. Paradox version was in local shop at the time but i had read here about people (probably Meach) having problems with getting Paradox version running.

Another plus with the BF version is that game patches generally are available days before the Paradox one gets released.