Green Box at startup

What operating system are you running; I assume it is Windows XP ? Is your CMSF copy a Battlefront/internet copy or a Paradox retail copy ?

Have you run Windows Updates yet ? What videocard and which particular video driver version do you have installed ?

You may want to download and run the OpenGL Extension Viewer and see what type of OpenGL compatibility your current set up has. If you can't get beyond OpenGL 1.1/1.2 compatibility, then you probably don't have drivers loaded up that are providing hardware OpenGL rendering.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me so quick, Im running winodws Xp SP2, Ive got the paradox retail copy of the game, windows is up to date as far as I know, other games have been working ok (Prey, gears of war,BF2142), Ive got a leadtek geforce 7600gt agp with forceware 163.75 Installed, I was thinking, do you think it could be something to do with a codec problem with the intro movies?

Ive tried the openGL extension viewer and it says everythings ok, Ive tried the K-lite codec pack and no luck, Ive tried reinstalling the game and 1.4 patch and no luck, Im still getting the green box, it used to work before the reformat, anybody have any ideas?, Ive even tried it without the patch in case of a bad download and I still got the green box, anybody have any other Ideas?