no disc error??

So the Paradox version uses the dreaded sony securom software. I am waiting on a reply from them now. I get a no disc error, right after install, and disc is still in the drive. What a pain in the arse. When I buy a game, I want to take it home and try it out. Not waste a day searching the net, and tweaking my PC trying to get it run. I hope this game lives up to my expectations, but right now I am a little annoyed.

It's cos there security system don't like administrator accounts....dunno why.

Failing that they will get back to you with an updated exe file...which failed to work for us, after questioning you about the CD and some stuff written on it.

Then after all that...we got it to run...straight into a black screen of death which no one can sort out for us. It was not fixed even with the latest drivers for Nvidia out today.

I'm not sure if this suggestion will help in any way with Securom problems, but...

What optical drive model do you have and do you know what the firmware version is on it (in XP go to Start Menu > Control Panel > System control panel > Hardware tab > Device Manager button > double-click on 'DVD/CD-ROM drives > double-click on your optical drive that you installed CMSF with > Details tab > after the model number (with a bunch of underscores after it) should be the firmware version). You'll need to find your manufacturer's website and hopefully there'll be a firmware download for your model (that may be newer).

Unfortunately a firmware update may do nothing to resolve this problem. In fact some users run into the 'no disc' problem with Securom when they do update their optical drive's firmware.

You may want to uninstall CMSF (and hopefully whatever Securom files will go with it), update your optical drive's firmware (if it exists and is newer) and then reinstall CMSF and see if the Securom/'no disc' error persists.

Here's a webpage about Securom and its various versions.

I feel your pain, maybe in your situation i would just return the copy and claim full refund. After that just purchase the Battlefront version from their website. (That version doesn't have any buggy protection software if i understood correctly)

I don't know if that will work in Canana for you, but at least in here in Finland we have a "customer protection" law that comes really handy in these kind of situations. Seller is allways responsible that product will work properly, and if if doesn't you can change the thing or get full refund.

If thatone won't work for you, then maybe you could try to contact Battlefront people and make a really nice and good explanation about the situation (with pics of game etc.)

They must be reasonable people, maybe they would let you download the Battlefront version for free?

I hope you get it somehow solved, i got my copy yesterday and the game seems awesome. Maybe i should consider myself lucky because it is a Paradox version as well...and it works. *Knock on wood*

Why do companies even bother with this security stuff anyway, all it seems to do is cause problems for the legitimate owner of a game. You only have to do a quick search on the internet to see that all these security systems are soon bypassed by the hackers (CMSF included) Seems like the pirates can run the games with less hassle sometimes.

My copy of CMSF is paid for as is other Battlefront titles such as Theatre of War and Dangerous Waters, just makes you wonder why legit owners have to put up with these security hassles.

Mishga have you tried going to http://battlefront.elicence.com/download.asp putting your elicence number in and trying to download the game, dont know whether it would work or not but you have bought the game so cant see why there should be a problem in trying that.

Take no notice of the above, it does'nt seem to work unless the link was clicked on directly from my cmsf buying confirmation e-mail.

[ September 18, 2007, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

not a securom problem my arse. If it says please insert original disc and not a back up...that is securom being ****.

Take the game back from where you bought it, get a refund and download from BFC.

We fixed the securom problem but our issue now lies elsewhere and it looks like a driver issue with Nvidia. Which we cannot get resolved.

Sounds like you need a Sony Dvd Drive to go with the ****ty Sony Securom BillyBud, more expense to get a game going (Brings back memories of Silent Hunter 3 and ****force grrr!). Perhaps we need to know what DVD drives are supposed to work with these games as well as which graphics cards, how much ram, which sound cards etc etc etc.