No Battlefront Intro - Try This

Hi,

If anyone else out there has been seeing a blank screen instead of the Battlefront intro splash screen, I managed to get it working.

I have an nVidia 7600GT graphics card with the latest beta drivers suggested by BFC (163.67). In the nVidia Control Panel I changed "Triple Buffering" from "Off" to "On" and now I see the intro every time.

P.S. for my system I have been getting good results using the following options.

On nVidia Control Panel:

AA: 4x

AF: 8x

Texture Filtering Quality: High Quality

On Game Options Screen:

3D Model Detail: Balanced

Texture Quality: Improved

Hope this helps someone.

When I first installed the game, IIRC the intro was full screen. For my 7950GX2, when I went to Nvidia CP controlled AA (which you have to if you want AA), that is when the intro screen went away.

With Triple Buffering ON, it comes back as half screen.

BFC has been aware of this from early on (missing intro) but understandably not a big priority I suspect.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe "Triple Buffering" is a subset feature of "Vertical Sync". It seemed like when I deselected Vertical Sync in options setting it also disabled Triple Buffering by default in 163.71 drivers.

Vertical Sync is a video option which attempts to get rid of video "tearing" issues by syncing game FPS to the refresh rate of the monitor, which is usually 60 Hz.

Triple Buffering helps to push frame rates up to the ideal 60 FPS. It will typically, however, lower your MAX frame rate.

My Nvidia control panel does not give me a triple buffering option - could be I am using a GeForce 6200 - however my BF splash screen plays as a mass of green pixels. Game plays fine though. This is after the 1.04 patch. Played fine with the 1.03 patch. I had already loaded the latest drivers from nvidia prior to installing version 1.04.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I got it working in 1.03 by enabling Triple Buffering but since 1.04 I have reverted to default card settings (apart from x2AA/x4AF) and it is still working. Don't know what's changed - the drivers or the game?

I had tried one specific set of "beta" drivers which caused the mentioned missing splash screen.

Since moving to 163.71 the problem has disappeared.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I got it working in 1.03 by enabling Triple Buffering but since 1.04 I have reverted to default card settings (apart from x2AA/x4AF) and it is still working. Don't know what's changed - the drivers or the game?

I had tried one specific set of "beta" drivers which caused the mentioned missing splash screen.

Since moving to 163.71 the problem has disappeared. </font>