So Should I Load 1.3?

I live in Zimbabwe with a massive download rate averaging around 3.9 KB a second. I just received the game yesterday in the mail. After reading about all these bugs I'm amazed it worked on my five year old system! (Albeit with the control w shade fix for the invisible infantry, thanks forum.)

I spent all night downloading 1.3 but after reading about all these bugs, if it crashes it will take me four days to download new drivers, etc before I can play again and I want to play! What do y'all think, should I risk it?

I'm at work so I can't check my exact system specifications. (I have high speed internet here but the firewalls won't let me download.)

I've got a basic dell system from 2002, my GeForce 4 250 drivers aren't updated, I have no service pack two, see why I'm surprised it works!

Originally posted by Rayak47:

I live in Zimbabwe with a massive download rate averaging around 3.9 KB a second. I just received the game yesterday in the mail. After reading about all these bugs I'm amazed it worked on my five year old system! (Albeit with the control w shade fix for the invisible infantry, thanks forum.)

I spent all night downloading 1.3 but after reading about all these bugs, if it crashes it will take me four days to download new drivers, etc before I can play again and I want to play! What do y'all think, should I risk it?

I'm at work so I can't check my exact system specifications. (I have high speed internet here but the firewalls won't let me download.)

I've got a basic dell system from 2002, my GeForce 4 250 drivers aren't updated, I have no service pack two, see why I'm surprised it works!

Is the game version 1.01 or version 1.02?

Originally posted by Rayak47:

Its version 1.01.

well...I downloaded v1.02 and it doesn't work, while I can run the demo1.02.

You can try to upgrade to version1.03 as you can always come back again to v1.01.

You uninstall the game and then you reinstall it sitting tight to v1.01.

Anyway if you are afraid do not upgrade.

Please tell us what comes out.

It can be very interesting!

Hi! I finished the tutorial campaign and decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot last night (I'm six hours ahead EST).

It worked just fine! So I'd say its worth a try for you too!

(I still prefer the old CM mission interface, but that's a whole 'nother post that I don't have time to make!)

hey Madmatt,

I ran demo1.02 pretty well...but when I got the game even the Abu Susah scenario was unplayable (game settings at minimum quality).

Patch 1.03 didn't aid at all.

See my posts.

Only with the workaround of Trooper I can get an acceptable performance in the Susah Scenario.

As already said, I'm waiting eagerly for cd version 1.01.

See my posts ad Knaust and Knaust1(same pal).

Thanks Madmatt! I'm honored to have a reply. Drop me a line next time you're in Zimbabwe so we can play head to head!

Man, football or Strike Force this Sunday? Its a tough call. My wife is not very happy the season starts the first weekend I have Strike Force.

Thanks again everyone for the replies!