Smoke Damage

I'm sure someone has probably brought this up before but I just had it happen to me again and frankly it's rather annoying. I was advancing on a custom made scenario with a Stryker Recce Platoon 3 Vehicles across approximately 15m separation between each. My middle Stryker comes under AK fire and freaks out firing off it's smoke grenades. Both the left and right Strykers sustain maximum damage to their wheels and are rendered immobile making them effectively useless for the rest of my attack.

I just want to know if this is an intentional design decision for realism or simply an unnoticed bug. I don't know much about the Smoke launchers on a Stryker and if them firing out could in fact damage nearby vehicles then I have no problem with it as it is realistic and I simply need to learn to employ better tactics. However if this is not realistic I would hope that in a future patch the smoke grenades can be set to do no damage.

Lol and to top it all off after they were immobilized my crews apparently decided to abandon ship. After they hopped out for some reason I couldn't get them to mount back up so I couldn't even use them for stationary fire because the crews bailed out without taking any incoming fire, just being hit by a friendly Stryker deployed smoke grenade knocking out their tires.

Yet in a home made scenario a few strykers were hit by a massive IED followed by a huge IED and no damage whatsoever.....

The crater would have not have been out of place on the moon yet these guys tyres were only downgraded to the little green x.

But smoke popping blows them out?

This reminds me: I've noticed that now in CMSF tanks can get different kinds of damage to tracks. This doesn't always mean immobilization. Sometimes the tank can still move, but so slowly that a soldier would probably walk faster. Often this means that such tank is almost useless.

I think it would be very useful if this "almost immobilized" status would be shown when you select a tank - the same way as now there's text "immobilized" or "destroyed". Especially when playing RT, you'd immediately notice this dangerous state without constantly checking Damage Report.

Must be a bug if it really is due the smoke. And considering that Stryker has run-on-flat tires it should still be able to move several kilometres after tires flattening. It also has system for altering tire pressure which should be able to keep the tires relatively inflated even after couple of AK rounds. The only way to really immobilise the vehicle is to completely melt or shredd like 4-5/8 tires which I can see only happening with anti-tank mines and similar systems. That's one of the main reason for tire based APC:s to have 8 tires (in addition to mobility reason).

• 5 months later...