QB setup bug

I just started two QB PBEMS, Syrian vs US, one in open terrain, one in a city, both small or tiny. I chose red forces in both, and IIRC mechanized medium infantry for both as well. One setup had BTRs and infantry, the other a couple of BMPs plus infantry (I can't remember my exact choices).

Anyway in both QBs my Syrian units were placed outside of my red setup zone. I couldn't move them into the setup zone, any attempt resulted in a movement order. Troops could be embarked into AFVs, but the AFVs themselves could not be placed anywhere.

I tried replicating this with Red vs. Red and Blue vs. Blue but I didn't notice any other problems.

edit: it was an ME, not sure if that makes any difference.

[ August 12, 2007, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: konstantine ]

konstantine,

I see this every time I create a PBEM QB. Basically, QBs are broken. For that matter, many PBEM games with mounted infantry are broken too. The embarked troops can't disembark and eventually all units stop responding to orders. I believe BTS is aware of all of these complaints.

The PBEM infantry bug has been specifically covered by Steve @ BTS as part of the v1.03 effort. I haven't seen a response on the broken QBs so I don't have any idea when the fix will come.