Quick Battle Quirk?

I am currently playing 2 quick battles via pbem - one I am the attacker, the other a defender. In both cases the attacking units did not appear in a set up zone to set up units and hence we could not get them to set up - we could only plot moves? Defender units did appear in a set up zone and could be set up.

Is this normal? Attacking units in both cases seemed to be clumped together in a corner.

Seems odd I cannot deploy attacking units versus a pbem opponent.

Playing agains the AI I could.

Frenchy,

Small correction:

In our QB, I was the defender (not the attacker) and had my units shunted off to the corner of the map. I should have deployed in the center of the forest map where I could defend the objective. Since my defending units weren't in the setup zone, I couldn't move them at all during the setup phase.

Yeah, there are definitely some QB issues.

At least one I realized/discovered has to do with the AI plans not having the setup zone painted to actually be an AI setup area. The Setup is available and a human can setup there, but the AI didn't have the area marked as a zone in which it can set up so it's troops were left where they spawn. And since the AI was only given an enemy casualties objective, they sat there waiting in one big lump. You can see what I mean on the QB Village Attack2 quick battle file.

One I'm just discovering now has to do with the units that are at least sometimes given to the Syrian player (AI or human). I mean, I just tried a QB and got a section of mortars as my only units. Uhm. Yeah. The one right before it gave me a section of MGs as the only units.

i tried yesterday, after reading JasonC´s succesfull QB AAR, to set up many many QB, mostly all i aborted with Alt+Q :D

bus somematches where quiet fun beside the odditieys

technicals vs. technicals, or 4 ATGM + HQ and a FO vs. about 16Strykers + inf...(i killed 9 strykers :D )

but mostly i tried em just for fun, really playable or so in the common sense, they where not