Veicles data

Thkx for the info but, this is not what I'm looking for. I want to change the weapons Armor piercing properties to a more historical level. For instance, the Panther historically could pierce 89mm of armor at 2000meters. In the game it can only go trough 64mm also, at 500meters, it could only pierce 138mm wilst in the game he can wade trough 148 if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers...

The tables you are looking for are in data/guns/

There they are divided by nationality in folders.

Each weapon has an .ini file associated with it. You can edit that file with a text editor.

For instance the Pak 35/36 AT gun table looks like this:

[Ger\37mm_pzgr_(AP)]

Ammo Ger\37mm_pzgr_(AP)

Speed 745

aimMinDist 10

aimMaxDist 2000

HistMaxDist 6800

Dispersion 1000 0.50

LinesH 0 100 500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 10000

Lines 0 100 183 238 293 347 400 452 1092

Penetration 42 40 33 25 23 20 16 12 0

and many gun caliber have can shoot historical range at 2000 meter, but on this distance, it was really unsure to hit target.

Table done this distance, because target into game is set by game engine, but historical gun was set by men. So each shoot make un set a bit original setting on gun.

Or why think you, that each gun should have many number of shell?

Think you that was add 138 Gun shell, for that gun crew hit 138 Tank?

A gun is don't sniper.

It depends on the tank Tiger one veteran crews managed to destroy a IS-2 tank at 4600m. Also, the first Panther the russians encountered started to go at them at 3000m.

It was all in the optics. Matching this, you had the IS tank in wich was all but all but impossible to score a hit at ranges greater than 700m. And even when it hit it wasn't sure his weapon would do the job (IS-2 rounds had the tendency to be innefective against sloped armor). Still that was not the job the Russians wanted them to do...

Cheers...

humm, i don't from who you know this battle report, but read this.

but here is yards units and don't meter range.

3000 yards = 2700 meter ~

Several of the New Zealand antitank gunners' experiences in combating Tigers will be of special interest:

1. A Tiger was observed about 3,000 yards away, engaging three Shermans. When it set one of the Shermans afire, the other two withdrew over a crest. A 17-pounder was brought up to within 2,400 yards of the Tiger, and engaged it from a flank. When the Tiger realized that it was being engaged by a high-velocity gun, it swung around 90 degrees so that its heavy frontal armor was toward the gun. In the ensuing duel, one round hit the turret, another round hit the suspension, and two near-short rounds probably ricocheted into the tank. The tank was not put out of action. The range was too great to expect a kill; hence the New Zealanders' tactics were to make the Tiger expose its flank to the Shermans at a range of almost 500 yards, by swinging around onto the antitank gun. The Tiger did just this, and, when it was engaged by the Shermans, it withdrew. The enemy infantry protection of half a dozen to a dozen men was engaged by machine guns.

Hey. Yahnks for all the replies I made some changes already and it's great smile.gif I just have to check if I for bugs and finish the French and Poles... I can upload the files if anyone is interested. Playing as the allies is tough late in game I warn you. And the German early campaign in Russia is tiresome (those T-34 just won't die!)I had to repeat 2 or 3 times before I managed to pull it of. And I lost a lot of veteran crewmwmbers who gave their bravest effort shooting T-34s and when their tanks got destroied they jumped to the PAK 38/39 and kept shooting till they died. In the end, I got only one tank (reinforcement Pzkw III) one gun (reinforcement Pak 38/39) 2 half squads (veterans since day 1) and a full squad (kept it in the back as a reserve just in case). This was mission 3 btw...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Miguel B.:

Thkx for the info but, this is not what I'm looking for. I want to change the weapons Armor piercing properties to a more historical level. For instance, the Panther historically could pierce 89mm of armor at 2000meters. In the game it can only go trough 64mm also, at 500meters, it could only pierce 138mm wilst in the game he can wade trough 148 if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers...

I think the Panther's 75 penetration at 500m was 124mm and at 100m was 138mm using standard APCBC. Your figure for 2000m is correct per both Thomas Jentz in Panzertruppen and Guns & Armor by Scott Cunninham. All of this was based on striking at 30 degrees. So based on armor slope these could be greater or less and much Soviet armor was greater than 30 degrees.

@ Narses: What you say is right. but this game engine already adds armor slope into damage mechanics. Also, all tests (xept from some russian) were made using 30º. In this game Battlefront seem to have added the ap values for the Russian tanks at 0º wich gives the Russian weapons far better performance than that they really had.

Cheers...

ALL penetration values in the game are for 0º.

Please keep in mind that values calculated theoretically using ideal formula and real life penetration ability of the gun are totally different stories. Our values for Soviet and German equipment are based on tests documentation. Various nations used different methods of gun penetration tests, for example, Soviet tests terms were narrower. Because of this, most values for Russian and German guns are from authentic gunnery tables and gunnery tests data of captured German equipment. Allied guns penetration data was corrected by Battlefront.

If you want, you can replace all values with theoretical data, but this will be the simulation of ideal tanks and guns and will be far from real WW2 engagements. If most wargames just take values from Jentz and such books for German, another books for Russian and Allied guns and throw them together into the damage calculation system, it doesn't mean this is the right thing to do. These values were measured using completely different methods (or much worse, calculated theoretically) and can not be used together 'as is'.

M4A1 have only one type of AP-ammo.

Everyone can try that out, i put 4 shermans ~800 meters away from a jagdpanther without ammo and hold position, with a few rounds he's destroyed or the crew is KIA :rolleyes: .

First time i try the same with playercontrolled jagdpanther and i thougt it's the cheating AI but that was not the case.

For those wich are to lazy to build a mission dl here (watertest.rar)

http://hosted.filefront.com/rofl21/

Sorry sneaksie, but how is the russian data from actual battle if their tanks fared worse in battle than in tests (both due to their low test standards as their low quality ammunition)? Also, the data I have is not purelly theoretical. It's base on tests made by the people who built those things. The British and German standards were very high and the tests quite accurate.

Cheers...