liberation

I am playing the liberation map where you have to take on some king tigers I have not been sucessful yet trying to ambush trying to attack from higher ground my tanks are destroyed in no time dose any one have any tactical solutions to overcome these tanks they seem to have the advantage no matter what way you approach the mission

I got same problems here, im having a lot of problems playing this map. There is no way you can ever complete this mission with 4 tanks against a whole aramade of king tigers/tigers. Is there suppose to be a heavy reinforcements when all your units are destroyed? or are you suppose to be at a certain location untill you recieve reinforcements? or is there no reinforcements at all?

In the willage there are two king tiger tanks that can be captured but the village is defended by about six tiger tanks and as you engage them the colum of king tigers decend upon you so you are fighting on two fronts with four tanks and some infantry.I think that may the damage moddeling is not right or a bug in the mission I ambushed one of the king tigers with three of my tanks and attacked the rear of thetank and scored kits but it didnt seem to make any diffrence at all I also tried all three diffaculty levels and they all seemed to be the same impossible may be a patch is needed as it dose not seem right even from a historicle point by that time of the war the russians had the upper hand and were pushing the germans back with numericle superoity

This is one sick scenario but it can be won. As with all of these scenarios it is more or less a puzzle that must be solved and you need a lot of luck with this also.

I was able 2 win this in 3 phases, I‘ll show you basically what I did to get you started but will leave you to figure out the detailed tactics that must be done. This of course is just one way, I’m sure others have won in a different way.

Before you start reorganize your Units, drop everything and get 2 ( IS-2), 1 (T-34/85) and set your units up on the back part of the Map.

1. First you should deal with the column of tanks coming down the road. I did this by moving my units to Position 1 , (Click on Link). Once you are in that area slowly move your Units forward towards the road till you spot your targets. If your lucky you may get a side shot on one of King Tigers. Keep bugging them and they will leave the road to come and get you, good luck taking them out but it can be done.

2. Second move your Units to the left flank Position 2 (Click on Link). Use a reverse slope defense and you should be able to deal with the 2 Panthers and 1 Tiger that attack that side.

3. Last attack the Units located around the town where the 2 Empty King Tigers are located, Good Luck.

EZ

I think alot of people forget you don't have to play with the assigned troops and vehicles.

Even so, sometimes artificial restrictions are placed by way of vehicular limits and such.

My suggestion is to players, if you feel scenario balance by default is out-of-whack, by all means use the editor and fix it! That's what it is there for.....

I'll be the first to admit that some of the default missions are challenging to the extreme....