How is it possible??

tom3d

- I Bought the game in June

- I played with no problem for months

- Install the Patch-Addon, and everything was perfect

- I bought Combat missions

- Stop to play TOW for one month

- When I decide to go back to play TOW, and surprise, My game start to crash to desktop, "Runtime Error #3(trap)

I never had a small single problem on this game, i didin´t change nothing exept video drivers, that I roll back for tests, and never works!

I decided to reinstall the game, and.. without the patch, and the game work fine some "simple" missions (I presume, missions with no many units)

After Patching any mission makes the game crash to desktop (Runtime Error #3(trap)

I tried to play with Tow_1.4.exe, And now I can load the mission "Mortain CounterAttack", I can play it withou problems! the training missions works fine, and one small polish mission works too!The other missions just froze the loading bar and never finishes the loading (Aplication not responding error)

i just want to know why I never get any error in this game, and one month after my game just crash and Crash, what can be wrong? Windows Update? Nvidia Drivers? Thats all that I changed in my PC! :confused:

My Rig:

Athlon 3000 64 Xp

RAM : 1.5 GB

Geforce 6600GT

Windows Xp SP2

Sorry to piss u off =\ but I just want to understand what happened here and try to figure out back my system, so I can back play my favourite game!

thx one more time!

Too bad you've bought CM, TOW is very jealous. When it realized that somehow it can't satisfy all your needs in WW2 wargames (and other WW2 wargames exist), it decided that it's not worth living in such cruel world.

Now seriously: please send log.lst file from game dir (and cppcrash folder if it exists) to dina@1c.ru, we'll see what's up.

Unfortunately, all seems ok in your log file. Please do the following:

1) Tell us exact version number of the game (in upper right corner of main menu).

2) Create new profile and run some missions from it.

3) If it still crashes, add the following into ww.ini (backup this file first) to make it record everything:

[JavaLog]

SYSTEM=ERROR

AI=ERROR

CHARS=ERROR

DAMAGE=ERROR

SCRIPT=ERROR

GUI=ERROR

MUSIC=ERROR

NAV=ERROR

PFS=ERROR

RATING=ERROR

TRIGGER=ERROR

VIS=ERROR

WEAPON=ERROR

ANIM=ERROR

SECTFILE=ERROR

CAMERA=ERROR

LOAD=ERROR

SOUND=ERROR

DLL=ERROR

XML=ERROR

SKILLS=ERROR

NET=ERROR

DISPOSITION=ERROR

MP=ERROR

INGAMESTAT=ERROR

[core]

console=

bLog=true,bLogTime=false,bPause=true,bUseStartLog=true,bWrap=true,history=128,historyCmd=128,logFile=log.lst,page=20).

After that, launch the game and try to load some missions. If it crashes, send this new log file to us before next launch of the game (it gets overwrited each time).

4) If there is cppcrash folder in main game dir, zip it and send it to us too.

There is some problem while loading statics. Did you modify any maps in builder (added or replaced any statics like houses, trees)? Do you have any mods installed?

Try to rename or move to another place entire 'maps' directory (there are temporary files and builder editor saves in it), then try to load missions which crushed or hang the game.

Another question: what exe file you've used while the log file you send to us was generated - standard or TOW_1.4?

hmmmm I never used the Map Editor only the mission editor, I have no MODS installed.

Actually I reinstall the game but keep crashing, I tried to move the maps folder to desktop, still not working...the same error, The game created another "maps" folder with the map that I loaded for the mission.

I used TOW.exe all times, but when I used the TOW_1.4.exe I can play some missions, and specially for the Mission "Acts of Bravery - Russian" the game stop the loading and freezes!

if you wish one more log just tell me and I send to you!!

cya mate thx for the effort!

Hmmm.

We have not determined the problem so far, in theory maybe 3dobjects.sfs is corrupted.

If you have spare time, try to unlicense, uninstall the game, delete the game folder. Then install the game into new directory and try to run this mission in vanilla game without patch at first and then with patch.

Do you use download version or dvd for installation?

I deleted the game and reinstall without the patch, and some missions can be loaded but "Acts of Bravery" and another AXIS single battle cannot be loaded too, but this time I don´t get any errors, just freezes the game and I have to Close it up in CONTROL + ALT + DEL.

My game version is "DOWNLOAD VERSION"

btw I started to play "Mortain CounterAttack" just to make a test, and after a little time the game CTD, its weird :(

but thx anyway for the help bro!

hmmmmm this sounds new to me!

no I don´t have, when i bought the game I play it 'till june and stopped to play for one mount and the games start to have problems!

Btw where do I can find this C++ 2005 runtime to download??

I can try google, but theres is a version number to download?

thx mate

C++ 2005 runtime is not required. But since we still have no further advices for you aside from trying the game on other PC (it should work), or reinstalling your OS on present PC. OS reinstall solves most problems, even if you have no idea what caused these problems;) Sorry, you're the first to run into this 'statics loading' problem and we have no solution in the moment nor the understanding why it happens:(

no problems sneaksie, you tried to help me and this is the important!

i can´t format my PC right now, I work with 3D modeling for games and I have a lot of work to do here hehe!

but soon i will reinstall my OS for sure hehe!

thx mate!!

Tom3D

What is your video card setting for "Threaded Optimization"?

I had the exact same problem that you did, because I had turned it on in global settings to play CMSF.

I ended up up creating a video card profile for TOW specifically with threaded optimization turned off and the game seems to play fine now.....

hmmm I didin't found this option... :( I only found extention limit (Off)

Btw i was trying to load up "mortain counteratack" and loads to the end 'till Setup units before launch the battle, after few moments I got the "Runtime Error #3(trap) error! ...I saved the Log

can I send to email for u?

thx

Actually im using Tow.exe (not 1.4) and for the first time the mission loaded to the end...but crashed after few moments hehehe

I didin´t found "cppcrash" i think i don´t have this folder...

okey im sendind the mail right now

thx guys!