Really bad framerate!!

I bought Theatres of war, said to my dad that i wanted it and it was so cool and so on so he could pay with his credit card, i bought both download and mail dilevery for 55 dollars, becouse i wanted to play it as fast as possible, i install the game everything is fine, i start the game and so on, still everything is fine, but then when i try to play a mission, It is so bloody unplayable that if you almost got into slowmosion with Very bad framerate. I get really pisst off, but i go to this website, and check for teachsupport and i find a troubleshooting guide, I get so happy when i find it that i almost begin to laugh, i check the part wich show how to get better framerate and cpu so the game can run faster, I follow these steps very closely. When im done with that i start the game again, and start another mission, The first 10 seconds it runs smooth as silk, But then it all begins to lagg like hell i cant almost even select a unit. I check the forum tech support again and check ive done everything alright, and i have. I feel like im going to explode, i BUY A DAMN GAME FOR 55 Dollars wich I HAD to work for becouse i used all my pocket money on cloths and so on, AND ALL I GET IS A DAMN GAMEWICH HAS SO BAD FRAMERATE I cant play it. This was before i installed the patch, i try to install the newest patch, battle of moscow addon, the patch says it will improve frame rate, STILL VERY LAGGY. What is the point with releasing a game that isent even finished??? And your shipping to europe is also very slow, have waited 2 months now for the game box to show up. Can i get my money back or what?!?! I dont usualy get angry but this really made me angry. Some of you maybe think, well his just a customer who want his 55 dollar back blabla But i trusted this website and the game realesers word of a Great game experince and all i get is a laggy **** game. Fix it now if possible :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fredrikdenstore, could you describe in full detail your system configuration?

1. What is your OS?

2. What CPU do you have?

3. How much RAM do you have?

4. What Video Card do you have? How much memory does the video card have?

Fredrikdenstore, did you try the following?

- Installing the latest video driver ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_162.18.html )

- Tuning video driver's settings:

-------- Set "Threaded Optimizations" to OFF

-------- Set "Extension Limit" to OFF

-------- Set "Triple Buffering" to ON

- Downloading and installing AMD-64 patches at

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe

- Switching ON Use only one CPU option in the towsetup tool

- Switching OFF Use Sound or EAX in the towsetup tool

Some more questions\ideas:

Does the FPS change when you set lower or high video settings?

Is your CPU overclocked?

Do you have antivirus or any other resident applications working when playing the game? Could you temporally switch them off and check the performance?

Try to switch OFF Use only one CPU option and check the performance again.

No, the FPS do not change when i lower the settings, i can even play bioshock on highest graphic

I switched them of and shuted down the network bbecouse i dont want virus, and that dident work either.

i switched off the One CPU, and it still is unplayable...... on all other games i play i get atleast 40+ Fraps

That's strange. The performance should not be so low. We will investigate this issue.

Did you try to install the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/Setup.exe from the list of AMD tools and patches (for mobile processors I've just found another link: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_14098,00.html )?

I don't wish to add fuel to the fire but. . .

I looked forward to this game from it's announcement. I pre-ordered the game, but played the demo before downloading it. The demo worked great with the graphics maxed out and shadows on, so I expected the game to work okay. No soap.

The game runs fairly well at the beginning of a mission, but begins to lag when new units arrive on the board. I can usually tell when enemy reinforcements arrive because the game takes a big FPS hit. Activity often slows to a crawl and the game becomes unplayable, even after turning the graphics all the way down. Yes, I've installed the patches, followed the troubleshooting guide, etc, etc.

System: Pentium 4 2.6Ghz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB

RAM: 1Ghz

This doesn't look like much compared with other systems I see posted here, but I can run other games with on or full on graphics and no problems. These games include Silent Hunter III, Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, and 2, Red Orchestra, and Medieval Total War 2. This is what makes not being able to play TOE properly that much more frustrating. What's even more frustrating is when I buy something like a computer game I expect it to work from the box, and not after tweaking my system to conform its eccentricities.

That said, I have not lost faith in Battlefront's ability to produce good games, I'm still playing CMBB and CMAK, and TOW may be a good one. However, I'll be much more cautious when making a purchase from them in the future.

A new patch that corrects these problems would do well in restoring my faith. ;)

Fredrikdenstore, we are not ignoring you. We are trying to help you, but we can't reproduce this bug.

Please run dxdiag (Start - Run - type 'dxdiag' - press OK) and save the report to file. Then send this file to dina@1c.ru. We'll see what can be done.

Next time, you should try a demo first. This way you won't get the game which is not up to your expectations and potential conflicts with your hardware like this FPS one would be known before purchase.

Fredrikdenstore

You have Theatre of War with patch 1.3.0.56 patch installed, right?

Please run first tutorial mission in the full game and tell us your FPS at the beginning, then run the first tutorial mission in the demo. FPS shouldn't differ. If they differ, we may have narrowed down the problem.

Originally posted by Fredrikdenstore:

actully, both the training missions in the Full game and the Demo works fine, i get over 23 FPS. i never had time to test the battle on the demo. Seems like its some wrong with the missions =/

What missions do you play when you have 4 FPS? Could you make a screenshot and a save while the performance is so low, then pack them into an archive and send to gavd@1c.ru ? (the save directories are created in .\users\player[X]\)