Creating Maps : *.MAT images and unattach script command

Hi all,

I'm creating a new mission for a single player, and it looks pretty well to be honest, and as soon as It's finished I'll put a link in the forums so you can try it, hope you like it. :D

I've got to question for whoever can help me:

1º) How can I edit the briefing images included with missions and with extension .MAT??. I've been trying for 2 days with many different programs and i couldn't yet. :confused:

2º) After the same 2 days I couldn't find the way to unattach an AT gun from a truck with the script. Passengers and even the truck's crew come out of the truck, but I cannot perform this unattach command, and if the gun is attached there's no crew that can be assigned to it by script.

Can anyone give me a hand with these??

Thanks in advance and regards,

1) *.mat images are simple text files that are edited manually in the notepad. They do not contain images but a reference to *.tga file and additional attributes. Open any existing *.mat file and everything should become clear.

2) Currently there is no way to unattach a unit by script.

[ April 26, 2007, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: SIO ]

Hi dmg,

OMG !!!!, What I was thinking about !!!, probably so many hours scripting confused me a little bit and I never tried to open it with a text editor, but I', really grateful for you help !!! smile.gif

If you cannot unattach a unit by script, reduces seriously the chances os programming a nice script for the IA, they should add a few features to the editor.

Thanks you !!! smile.gif

• 6 months later...

Jesus!! Sometimes the most simplist things slip the mind. Thanks for the help everyone.

Now my other problem I can`t get the map to show in the briefing. I have called the image (.tga) 'Briefing' and the (.mat) file Briefing too. Have I missed something?

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

BAT502

If your image is 'Briefing.tga' then corresponding .mat file must have

TextureName Briefing.tga

string in it, among others.

Then in briefing.xml you also must to name the layer for default mission task in 'layer' string

- Briefing.mat in this case.

I have named the layer in both the mission and submission to Briefing.mat and selected ACTIVE in the submission, yet the map does not show in the briefing screen. It`s just a white screen with a ? in the top left corner. I have the briefing.mat line in the briefing.xml too.

Once I have got this fixed I can upload 2 missions to CMMODS. Here are some screen shots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

This is the Briefing.mat file that looks like a MS Access shortcut.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

[ November 06, 2007, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: BAT502 ]

I had a feeling you would say that Sneaksie. Yes the image is 512 x 512 24 bit. I was wondering if its because the .mat file is a MS Access shortcut. BTW how is the .mat file created during mission building as its not there in the folder? I have copied and pasted it from another mission, is this correct?

Many thanks everyone for your help. Greatly appreciated.