Flickering Text

I just installed CM, and have been playing it successfully without any problems, except one: the detailed unit description "pop up" box FLICKERS...as does some of the in-game text (unit ID's, hit chances, etc). The demo had no such flickering.

I think it might be related to my new video card, which is an ATI Radeon 64DDR AGP. Has anyone had this problem? It is annoying!

I'm using a Radeon 32DDR without problem. You may want to upgrade your drivers. There have been some fixes that I believe are applicable to CM. I'd suggest using one of the latest BETAs (though I can't guarantee that they won't cause any other problems).

Rage3D ATI-related website (driver will be in upper right hand corner; Win9x v. 4.13.7068):

http://www.rage3d.com/

I think it's a proprietary chipset. When you read the specs, the chipset/graphics processing unit is listed as being "RADEON" (trademark) - and it uses something that they are calling the "Charisma Engine."

Schrull - thanks for the tip re the new drivers. I didn't know that Rage3D website existed. The driver they have posted is a newer version than the beta posted on the ATI site. I'll give it a shot.