slow framerate help

hi all, down loading full game as i write this, also played demo battle with very slow frame rate. Looking through the help sections has been helpful, but nothing worked so far. :confused:

So, gonna try this! Alter your virtual memory, etc, ie, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417/#. go to this page and alter settings. havent tried it meself still dl game file but will post back and let people know, or if you can try it now do so and let us all know the effects. fingers crossed. ;)

AMD athlon 64 3000, 2.00ghz

2.5gb ram

assus k8vsedx motherboard

radeon x1650 pro 512mb

Using latest ati 7.4 driver, full game same as demo, ok to start but when the action kicks in and more units on screen very slow, laggy frame rate. really unplayable like this. :eek:

Tried altering my virtual memory etc as in my last post, no effect.

Gonna try disabling eax and shadows etc. :(

i'm running on 1024x768 res, 32 bit colour, turned spec within game down, low grass/sky detail, , turned off shadows etc, game running better framerate but now crashing to desktop :confused:

don't want to lose model details of tanks and men so may turn everything of or down except them.

game now running smile.gif , not brilliant, framerate between 10-15, how does that compare to other people :( , turned all details down, ie shadows none,water detail medium,grass normal,trees medium,tree distance low, models are high(dont want to lose them :D ),disabled eax, have manged to keep high landscape detail, using 16 bit colour, gonna try 32 bit tomorrow if I get home early from work :mad: at least now its sort of playable :cool: thanks to the forum I'm slowly getting there, more tweaking and should be ok, but what a pain in the ass!! ;)

In the ww map in the demo you can change resolution and stuff.

I put everything that has a number, to 1and later on o 0.

With that tanks werent even viewable, water wasnt there, even the trenches werent visible as holes.

Eventhou, the game slowed down when the second wave comes in.

So im convinced now more then ever it is a problem with the game combined to settings and hardware on the PC.

Something that should be easially solved with a patch or two.

It doesnt seem to apear when you have a massive strong computer, but a little older and **** comes down the pipe...

I will wait.