Tournament Idea and INTEREST inquiry

I have 10 people so far. I can remove 2 countries and switch one guy to Germany and still run the tourney so its a go. I do need cyranos email though. Other than that you can just go to the site and see all you need to see.

Have fun watching the Yankees... NEXT YEAR!!!! :D

Ok folks, I have 11 people signed up for the tournament. Still working on getting 1-3 more. If I dont get 1 more person I guess I will play. :( All the targets and bombers are fixed so its not like I can cheat, nor will I be the commander so it wont matter anyway. I will have to get a German pair up to speed though.

But you guys need to elect a leader for Allied and Axis so he can assign who will target on turn 1. If you guys can let me know by Friday that would be great!

-Sixx

Ok folks, 12 people signed up for the tourney with the addition of Roland to the fray. Welcome all that have joined.

So Friday night I think I will finalize the maps and get your submissions for Commanders. You will be getting a nice email and all the details. Also the webpage has been updated with the final rules unless you guys can think of anything to add.

This looks to be a clash of titans on each side. I am thinking this will be a resounding success!

Thank you all for signing up!

-Ray

Tournament Director and Overall Sexy Guy

Yep - and at that only my 2 lowest Brit pilots can play!!

That was my concern - your 3800 pt German is going to be fairly severely overmatched if we play - and the 800-1200 ones probably won't get a look in! :(

I´ll second that! He even has his base in russia, so hes the right man to lead the allied effort ;) ´

By the way, whoever ends up playing against me: I will be away from an internet access from monday till friday, so we we will have to schedule our missions for the weekend. i hope that´s no problem.

Originally posted by Baron von Beergut:

20,000 pts? You mean there are players that high? Do they have a life outside of DiF? smile.gif

My best German is around 3800 and the rest are 800-1200. I haven't played at all since March till I just got the expansion. My best rooskie is still with an I-16 smile.gif

See you all on the battlefields... smile.gif

If it makes you feel any better my Germans are not up to much either so you won't be the only one having an uphill fight. My top 3 Brits, on the opther hand, would be over the limit. C'est la vie. :rolleyes:

Right chaps, a small cloud has appeared on my horizon. Just had a call from work and I have to be in Outer Mongolia for the first three days of next week (well Northern Scotland actually but in terms of my being away from an internet connection it amounts to the same thing).

The good news is that I shall be back in civilisation on Wednesday evening so I shall contact my opponents for the tournament on my return and we should still be able to get the games played on time.

I don't know quite who I am up against first so I thought I would post this hear so that nobody worries if they don't here from me immediately.

Cheers

[ October 18, 2006, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: cyrano01 ]

Sorry guys - I appreciate the honour - honest, but the timing was perfectly awful - this wekend I'm flat out organising this - and while I'm sure your partners find y'all attractive I got a couple of hundred women to think abuot smile.gif