patch?

Freeboy

Thanks for the hard work doing the patch, chaps! Very much appreciated, it sounds awesome. So, is it out yet? Can the GodFleshNL pee also be finally released like Dutch dams bursting in WWII as 617 squadron flies overhead?

Also, 1.2GB sounds like an ideal size. Nice job. In fact, the bigger (the more ToW content), the better, no? I bought the full game originally as an online d/l, and it only took a couple of hours on my 24MB line. Besides, we know that the original ToW filesize was quite modest compared to other recent ~10GB releases, so a "huge" update was almost to be expected. Very well done.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All, I got to say guys, is the units and weapon's IE Tank are responding way better. I'm getting on average 3 to 1 odds USSR V Germany right now.

Infants respond way better to kill tanks too.You really have to hide those inferior early USSR tanks and get behind some of the German armor.

Still no smoke for the infants to throw out there for cover. :-(>

[ December 02, 2007, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Wolfseven ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The patch is still being worked on, thats really all I can say at the moment.

But there is pretty much no chance of it being released this week, that much is certain.

Madmatt

ok,

end of December is more realistic

Well, i think the patch will be available very soon... looking forward to playing coop with English version owners;) By the way, language of MP briefings and such is determined by host game version, so it's better for English players to host:)

[ December 11, 2007, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Sneaksie ]

Originally posted by tooz:

Guys, let's wait and then enjoy a fixed quality product. In hindsight perhaps ToW rushed their initial release which frustrated many. I'm eager also but really not ready for another letdown.

tooz, with expectations like that i'm almost sure you will be disappointed... most people are different and have different images of 'super' or even 'good' wargame and it's impossible to satisfy all. We do what we can and try to implement most things that people ask for, but resources are finite and there is no such thing as finished wargame. It's always possible to make more accurate damage calculations, or more polished models, or make soldiers more intelligent, but every time it must be decided what to do first. Some demanded feautures are in this patch, but there are more to come.

"tooz, with expectations like that i'm almost sure you will be disappointed... "--sneaksie

What I am not disappointed with is your commitment to improve this game. I like the game now, and look forward to the patched version.

I hope this game becomes successful enough that other modules--with additonal theaters--become available in the future.

Keep up the hard work!

just an fyi, I saw a great 9 plus minute documentary clip on you tube after typeing eastern front footage.. if anyone is interested I can get the link.

It talked about the tiger fire brigades and how they killed both t34 and 34-85 at 2000 plus meters well beyond the ranges of the 34's. and then even with the js series how they where used defensively to take serious casualties etc, great combination of narration, english, and german footage. The "most tank battles where fought at under 1000 meter" type comments do not hold water when looking at Heavy tank battles... I hope to see more 2000 plus engagments where we can accurate simulate german optics and firepower..

as for the patch WOOT the new word, I am so old I had to ask the wife what Woot meant! lol

to those working on the patch and add on.. carry on.. and hope all your bugs get caught and squashed! lol

Originally posted by Freeboy:

just an fyi, I saw a great 9 plus minute documentary clip on you tube after typeing eastern front footage.. if anyone is interested I can get the link.

It talked about the tiger fire brigades and how they killed both t34 and 34-85 at 2000 plus meters well beyond the ranges of the 34's. and then even with the js series how they where used defensively to take serious casualties etc, great combination of narration, english, and german footage. The "most tank battles where fought at under 1000 meter" type comments do not hold water when looking at Heavy tank battles... I hope to see more 2000 plus engagments where we can accurate simulate german optics and firepower..

as for the patch WOOT the new word, I am so old I had to ask the wife what Woot meant! lol

to those working on the patch and add on.. carry on.. and hope all your bugs get caught and squashed! lol

A clickylink please! I would like to see it.