Madmatt and next patch info?

12Bravo

Looking at the Russian forum, the devs were looking for maps of Kharkov, plus there's screenshots of a Marder III and a Soviet Armoured Car (a BA-10?) in the dev diary - which hints at another Eastern Front campaign. On the other hand in one of the forum threads there's some competition results where people were guessing the location of a non-winter German campaign (if I'm understanding correctly) - and the winners were 'close' with some 1944 Normandy guesses, but they couldn't confirm it due to an agreement with Battlefront. Maybe the add-on will have multiple campaigns? Finally, there's been some hints that the LOS system is getting a complete overhaul, and although I can't find it now I thought I saw a screenshot from a dev showing a building interior. Certainly would be interesting to get some ideas on what's being considered...

Have fun

Finn

It would be great if Multiplayer was overhauled to at least resemble something like close combat.... I played a lan game with a friend this afternoon and complete boredom resulted due to the lack of options and unit choice. Both of us did not even get any infantry allocated at all

I agree & think ToW could be the #1 non FPS/RPG MP game if done properly & I'd certainly be willing to pay for it.

Some news of what's in the pipeline would certainly be welcome, things look as if they are starting to stagnate around here.

I would also really like it if unit cards were implimented properly. Like the unit icons at the bottom of the screen in Close Combat and Total War series. It would lessen the confusion.

The information is already their its just displayed one unit at a time or not at all if a unit is not selected

I've been watching the developent of this game from time to time. I had high hopes when the patch came out, but judging from what I heard and read I still cannot make a purchasing decision. I'm afraid that the game will be disappointment after the Combat Mission series.

Just a simple question is Theatre of War playable as a game at the moment? I could not even run the demo properly with a dual core Athlon and 7900 Geforce.

And now the new Combat Mission game is just about to come out. Wonder if the Theatre will ever get played.

Playable as a game? Damn sure it is, I have far worse rig than you and I'm playing it currently.

And there are plenty of people on these forums who have finished all the campaigns and individual missions from A to Z.

Another question is if it's at its zenith or not. Although the game is currently highly enjoyable if you like this kind of games, I'm sure it's going to get better with updates. The first one already gave a big improvement specially in performance in my PC, and I hope the ones to come will continue in this path.

And I have the same feelings with the new CM. I'll buy it and play it for sure, but I'm afraid that the game won't reach its peak after some months and patching, as its usual in complex games. My policy regarding games is usualy to leave some months before buying or playing them, so that patches, updates, fixes and improvements have taken place. But with games so attractive to me as this ToW and CM:SF, I'm afraid I can't wait...

Originally posted by track:

Just a simple question is Theatre of War playable as a game at the moment? I could not even run the demo properly with a dual core Athlon and 7900

It is playable with good framerate for me with a AMD Athlon 3500 single core and a Geforce 6600.

Your problem should be in the drivers of the 7900 grafic card.

Your machine should be able to play everything in the market.

Many people had problems with driver´s in top notch videocards.

Originally posted by track:

I have the latest drivers installed. It was a while ago, well when the demo became available. I got so bad frame rates when the battle intensified that it was an unplayable slide show.

Something wrong with that.

With the most actual drivers, the new patch released in the Battle for Moscow add on ( it resolved some issues with dual cores) and maybe the use single core option selected you should run the game at maximum detail with excellent framerate.

My guess is Madmatt and company are just a little busy with CM: SF at this time and 1C still has full plate of things to keep them busy.

I hope the next EP has campaigns for US and Britts, then lets you keep the same core units throughout the campaign.

Too bad they didn't offer 1500 bucks for best user made campaign VS. making movies! :( I didn't buy TOW for the movies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again?

I may be way off but did we think this was to be out already? I broke open the replay again modded villers bocage scenario, and am haing a blast, really only need a easier editor and some great designes are brewing around on those tallented folks that lurk these parts !