Staff Squads

athkatla

Basically it's composed of officers of higher rank than you get in the other types of teams. According to the documentation these exert a positive effect on those around them in the same 'arm' (so I guess infantry officers only help infantry soldiers, not tanks). I guess you could use them to help bolster areas where you felt your men are likely to come under pressure.

You also get a sniper, which was the 'uber' unbalanced infantry unit pre-patch. Don't know if they've been affected, but previously I'd say it was verging on the cheaty to use them too much - and it certainly makes the staff unit a bargain if you want a sniper anyway.

Finally there's a medic in there, these don't do anything that a normal soldier can't do (rightly IMHO) but it's also realistic to have them floating around the staff squad (again rightly IMHO).

Have fun

Finn

Lots of the uniforms have errors on, quite why they decided to add incorrect details when just leaving them off would have been fine I don't know. Take a look at the Russian site and you'll find pictures of the pre-BF version and some of them are basically fantasy. Of the ones that made it into the game I think the French infantryman uniform is the furthest off, I'm fairly sure it's a late Free French uniform (ie American) but with an Adrian helmet.

I'm in the process of setting things up for easy modding for German infantry units (mostly because the Germans are the easiest to get detailed information on) but the same can be done for the rest, providing a model exists in the right shape.

Have fun

Finn

you can, if german, don't know about anyone else, make your staff squad a mech inf squad by editing the composition however you see fit. they then fit in the spw 251 good. you can get rid of the orderly also. don't need no REMF pukes anyhow.

these squads are all i use- with 1 smg, 1 lmg, 4 rifles (no sniper, they are too uber)

the thing iam really puzzled about is how far a leader reaches out with his moral boost. whats the radius!?

if that is knowen it would be esier to try some things with or without moral boost and look how soldiers react.