Battlefront rant

Jard

I bought my first Battlefront game years ago, right after it was out. The name of the game was Combat Mission Beyond Overlord and I was hooked right from trying the demo. I still remember the emails from Charles, and personally I was surprised how professional the product was considering such a small company was taking care of everything.

CMBB and CMAK followed and I bought both of them and had a blast, this time diving into PBEM confrontations, tournaments.

I looked at TOW with some distrust although I've been following it since it was called WW2 RTS by 1C. When I heard Batlefront was going to take care of the project I was thrilled.

Last wednesday after lurking around for a long time on these forums I took the plunge and purchased TOW. Now I know some of you are wondering if I'm going to say how disappointed I am with TOW and Battlefront.

That's really not the case. I have found TOW to be a unpolished gem. After seeing the efforts from Madmatt and also from the community (I'd like to mention Oudy and FinnN), I'm sure this will grow up to be one of THE wargames to be remembered in the future. That brings me to my only request to Battlefront (specially considering Shock Force is soon to be released and it's a "home made" product): Please do not forget TOW. Let it grow to the point it deserves.

Well, just my 2cents worth of opinion. Now I just need to learn how to use the mission editor properly. TOW's weakest point are definitely the missions that came with it.

Originally posted by Jard:

Now I just need to learn how to use the mission editor properly. TOW's weakest point are definitely the missions that came with it.

I heard there are a few video tutorials that might help you get started! ;)

--

Webwing, although I'd love to watch your tutorials but I'm unable to download from Rapidshare. This weekend I'll try to d/l them from another computer.

Jippo, SGT, thank you for your comments.

I'm confident that 1C will continue to improve this game as time passes, and it wouldn't be very clever from Battlefront if those improvements doesn't make it to their costumers.

I'm sure that this is going to be one of these games that remain in our hard drives for a looooong time smile.gif