Desert Campaign?

Sandbag69

It'd have to be done via an expansion pack. There are too many critical pieces of equipment missing, the '88 being the most obvious. If sales are decent, perhaps 1C would do it. My gut feeling, though, is that if they do anything at all, it'll be an Eastern Front game. That's where their real passion always seemed to lie with their flight sim(s). Whatever they do, I hope that they enhance the strengths of the game, primarily the armour, and focus on a front, East, West, wherever.

PoE

If an expansion with two desert campaigns, one British & one German, was made I would buy it.

Being English forces, struggling to hold off a German attack until reinforcements came, would be awesome!

Miles of desert with nothing to block LoS or LoF, yay! And perhaps some Tunisian street battles!

Some people question why only after weeks of the game release people are already talking about MODS.

I am already thinking of MODS before the game's release! smile.gif

All the maps in TOW are very gentle slopes so I guess there is some limitation in the engine regarding drastic changes in elevation. Else they would appear in at least some maps. So I think modding the terrain topology is not feasible. Nothing is impossible though.

Having said that, deserts are obviously really flat, so no problem to have them in game. Would only need to change the maintexture for the map and the materials related to it.

I'm optimistic about a MOD for this in the near future.

-

There are some very steep areas in one of the maps towards the end of the allied campaign, so steep in fact that units won't go up.

I'd love to see the Italians, as well as a wider range of lighter vehicles and AT guns.

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

My gut feeling, though, is that if they do anything at all, it'll be an Eastern Front game. That's where their real passion always seemed to lie with their flight sim(s). Whatever they do, I hope that they enhance the strengths of the game, primarily the armour, and focus on a front, East, West, wherever.

PoE

I agree with you. Eastern front is where their hearts lie. That is no bad thing though.

Eastern Front campaign was the longest of the war apart from Battle of Atlantic.

Well..Some Afrika Korpz VS Desert Rats would be awesome...

like Terra said lots of open spaces

to run uer tanks on...

I always had a crush on desert war ...

Germans, English , Italian , American and some local troops...

would make for a great Add on