Wacht am Rhein?(Spoiler)

K9crump

Question about the mission. I will show a picture at bottom of thread when done. There is something that is able to turn the small valley on left flank into a kill zone. The funny thing is I had my sniper go up the left flank, and he has killed everyone in the trenchline, ATGs, and the Field Howitzers. So, what is killing the armoured vehicles shown in the picture?

Mike

valleykillzoneao5.png

Good question... Wish had some engineers or something so I could tell if it was... I am thinking it might be the other set of ATG's that are in the center portion in front of the town, just not sure. Needless to say, I am not sending anything else down that way till my sniper can do some more handy work.lol

Mike

p.s. Thanks for the reply.

Oh, and one other neat tidbit. My sniper while targeting one of the Field Howitzers got a double kill! He shot one guy, and the guy behind him fell dead also...

THIS IS A SPOILER!

I did this scenario a few days ago, and I had the same problem.. a hidden pair of "something" was nailing my tanks. I had to pull all of them out, put up the King Tiger as bait, and then advance the sniper to figure out where it was coming from. Turns out, it is a pair of ATGs guns in the large back field that is ringed by the wall, to the left of the town as faced by the Germans. They must have a crew with REALLY good scout/gunner skills. Nail those guns and you will have a much easier time.

Actually, Wolfseven is correct. It is a minefield. If you look carefully around that area, you will see some small black signs that say "minen".

I saw them before heading into that territory and ignored them, thinking they were battlefield debris. After the tank exploded, I took a closer look by zooming in....Doh! There's also a patch of them on the opposite side of the map.

Normal Dude may have been taken out by the AT guns, though. My tank definitely was not because they were all deceased.

It's a hell of a battle, that one. Took me many hours and many restarts to complete. Just done it now. Didn't even come along that road, so didn't encounter the mines, but hell, the enemy AT guns are so well placed. Every time you move a new one takes you down. Then with the major enemy counterattack later, it really tests you. I'm bloody knackered!

Yah, you really need to use that sniper as best you can. With mine, I was able to get him up that extreme left flank and take out like 4ATG plus the 2 Field Howitzers before he got waxed.

Hear is a screenshot of a double kill he got on one of the Field guns.

sniperdoublekillqu5.png