Definitive list of what I'd like in a patch

ColonelBlimp

After extensive research smile.gif these are the things that I thing would bring TOW just that bit closer to the classic it should be if included in the patch:

•New Units

-Lend-Lease Units and their derivatives for the British, i.e. Sherman, Sherman Firefly

-17pdr AT gun

-85mm Russian AT gun

-100mm Russian AT gun

-90mm American AT gun

-Flak 88 AT/AA gun

-JS-2m (with 160mm turret/120mm hull armour and the D-2ST gun)

Without even something as basic as the 88 I seriously doubt that the game will last until Christmas!

•More accurate infantry/AT guns/tanks spotting ability

•Better use of cover by infantry/AT guns + User able to see quality of cover of a unit somehow

•Use of Waypoints for individual soldiers and squads

•Critically injured soldiers not able to move + die after a time

•Medics that seek out critically injured people in the vicinity and stabilise them

•More accurate gun penetration data (especially for 75mm guns)

•Useable on-map mortars

[ May 04, 2007, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: ColonelBlimp ]

Probably add on or later patches material.

The first patch should focus on technical aspects of the game, to solve issues some people is still having in running the game.

After everibody is running the game smoothly, is time for add ons full of goodies.

@mikoyanPT,

thats not correct reading from Madmatt he says that they will try to get as much in as possible.

They try to put for example waypoints in the first patch and also other stuff. But there main effort will be they gameplay bugs (like cannot start the game)

Originally posted by pwncake:

@mikoyanPT,

thats not correct reading from Madmatt he says that they will try to get as much in as possible.

They try to put for example waypoints in the first patch and also other stuff. But there main effort will be they gameplay bugs (like cannot start the game)

That is what i said, new units and campaigns probably will come in later add ons or patches.

Technicall issues first.

In fact not being able to start the game is not a gameplay bug, is a technical bug.

Originally posted by terra:

Along with most of what ColonelBlimp requested, I was wondering if there might be a North African Campaign.

For what appears to be a tanker's game, this would be perfect for an expansion pack. Give me the Afrika Korps and the 8th Army, and my credit card information will follow!

PoE

In addition to what's already been suggestedNew aircraft units would be good too! Especially for late war missions. Hurricanes & Spit Vs just aren't convincing for any Normandy scenarios (ok Spit Vs were still around but 2nd line a/c only.). Also Blenheims in US service?? We need these additional aircraft: -

Allied

Hawker Typhoon (60lb Rockets)

Spitfire IXc (250lb bombs)

B26 Marauder

IL10

Axis

FW190-F8

Me 262

The patch's priority would be to fix a few things in the game that do not work. Such as:

1. the Hold Unit command. As soon as you change the facing of a unit in Hold it becomes unstuck and moves around. Yet it can choos to face whatever direction it wants. This is bad for tank destroyers that get a track knocked off facing the wrong way.

2. the squad leader control. There is no way to summon a squad without doing the hold and drag box.

I'm sure there may be a few other supposed to be in the game things that need tweaking.

Originally posted by Nikki Mond:

2. the squad leader control. There is no way to summon a squad without doing the hold and drag box.

You can, just double click on any squad member and you have instantly all the squad active for commands

Originally posted by Gnasher:

In addition to what's already been suggestedNew aircraft units would be good too! Especially for late war missions. Hurricanes & Spit Vs just aren't convincing for any Normandy scenarios (ok Spit Vs were still around but 2nd line a/c only.). Also Blenheims in US service?? We need these additional aircraft: -

Allied

Hawker Typhoon (60lb Rockets)

Spitfire IXc (250lb bombs)

B26 Marauder

IL10

Axis

FW190-F8

Me 262

Rockets!!! We need more rockets!!!

Don't know if the game has the Hs 129, but it had great anti-tank success and should be included.

If the Germans get the 88 I want this in return:

For the 75mm gun in Sherman/Cromwell/Churchill:

A much improved anti tank shell was developed. This was a APCBC (Armour Piercing Capped, Ballistic Cap) shot design. It had a muzzle velocity of 2,600 ft/s (790 m/s) as opposed to 2,030 ft/s (620 m/s) for the older M61 APC shell. US documents1 showed the round as available for both the M3 75 mm and ROQF 75 mm. Other sources2 indicate the shell saw use by the British only. The performance of the new shell was a vast increase: penetrating 102 mm at 500 yards (460 m) at 30 degree angle of impact. Actual availability and usage of this round is unclear. According to some British tables M72 AP had a penetration performance of 114 mm at 100 yards and 102 mm at 500 yards, so it is possible the 30 degrees angle of impact is a transposition error for 0 degrees. This is interesting as US M72 has a penetration performance of 101 mm at 100 yards

(from the oracle that is Wiki)